SASS Wire Forum

Got my first of 2 doses of Covid vaccine today.

A local pharmacy got in 100 doses. They were giving them to health care workers first. It was the Maderna version, apparently in comes in a 10 dose vial that has to be used within 5 hrs of the first stick. Pharmacist I work for called me around lunchtime said I could get a dose if I got there by 5, so I went ahead. Pharmacist that gave it to me said they got theirs yesterday, no ill effects so far other than some sore arms and a couple headaches. Second dose is given on or about 28 days. Will let everyone know if anything unusual happens.

Sus amigo,

JHC

There was a big headline I saw online YESTERDAY about "THE SIDE EFFECT OF COVID VACCINATIONS THAT DR FAUCCI IS CONCERNED ABOUT"

I wasted 5 minutes reading it. The upshot was that Faucci had receive a vaccination and HIS ARM WAS SLIGHTY SORE! That was it. he wasn't concerned. But news is what you make up these days.

I got a flu and pneumonia last Tuesday and my arm was sore. Should I contact CNN or the Enquirer or somebody?? :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I got a flu and pneumonia last Tuesday and my arm was sore. Should I contact CNN or the Enquirer or somebody?? :rolleyes:

I was moving three loads of rock from my neighbors yard to the bank of my wash yesterday and my arms and back are sore. Who should I contact? The EPA, DOD, DOJ, CDC, CNN, BLM, NFL???:wacko:

My wife and I got our normal flu shot a couple of months ago. That evening I noticed a soreness in my arm. When I looked my vaccination for Diptheria scar was lit up like Rodolph's nose. Two days later everything was back to normal. My wife had no symptons.

38 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

What I wouldn't give for Weekly World News to still be in print......

https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/180929/santa-has-covid/

https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/4423/north-pole-requests-bailout/

At this point (IANAD!, ASK YOUR DOCTOR) I would be concerned about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine if I was one of those people with anaphylaxis-level allergies and my doctor had previously advised me to carry an epi pen.

Concerned enough to get it at the doctors office (not the grocery store pharmacy) if I got it assuming the doc was OK giving it and hang around for at least an hour after getting it.

Other than certain reports about this from the  UK, that is where my level of concern is at this time. Since I am probably about a year out from getting called up for "my turn," there is plenty of time to learn if there is an issue.

But if everyone here who gets the vaccine suddenly starts calling for common-sense gun controls, then I might actually start thinking about aluminum foil and my hat size.

I don’t watch the news...it gives me an allergic reaction that causes irritability, elevated blood pressure, heart burn and a sharp pain in my posterior. :blink: :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t watch the news...it gives me an allergic reaction that causes irritability, elevated blood pressure, heart burn and a sharp pain in my posterior. :blink: :rolleyes:

Wise man. Most anything they report about medicine is generally wrong.........just like everything else.

JHC

5 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I was moving three loads of rock from my neighbors yard to the bank of my wash yesterday and my arms and back are sore. Who should I contact? The EPA, DOD, DOJ, CDC, CNN, BLM, NFL???:wacko:

If you are thinking about using a 'BRACE' on your sore arm, you'll need to contact ATF.   :lol:

..........Widder

What makes me laugh is these articles I have read about “the serious side effects” and then followed by the sensationalized accounts of sore spots at the injection site. Makes me want to find the reporter and slap them real hard so they’ll have a reference for what sore really is...

to a pansy. :lol:

Archived