SASS Wire Forum

Kingston 22 garand

Trigger Mike

Kingston armory made a 22 version of the garand.  It used a ruger 10/22 receiver and magazine.   I'm wondering what they are worth now.  

I ask because my son slap wore out his ruger 10/ 22 NRA edition.   The magazine now wiggles in the magazine well, it no longer holds a tight group, it jams even after a complete breakdown and cleaning.   If the Kingston is still cheap I may let him have mine for Christmas,  if not I may do something else. 

I don't know anything about a Kingston 22 Garand.

I do know that if I had a 10/22 that was "slap wore out", I'd box it up and send it to Ruger asking them if they could renovate it.

15 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

How reasonable cost is ruger to repair a 22 rifle?  I might could sell the garand 22 and buy another takedown like his and pocket the rest.

I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if the reason for repairing the 10/22 is due to sentimental value? If so, my first step would be to call Ruger and discuss the issues to see if they can repair it. Given their customer service, that might be a cheap and easy choice. Otherwise, consult a gunsmith. IF sentimental value is not the concern, then, as has been previously mentioned, the 10/22 is still an inexpensive firearm to purchase, although availability may be an issue with the current mess.

2 hours ago, DocWard said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if the reason for repairing the 10/22 is due to sentimental value? If so, my first step would be to call Ruger and discuss the issues to see if they can repair it. Given their customer service, that might be a cheap and easy choice. Otherwise, consult a gunsmith. IF sentimental value is not the concern, then, as has been previously mentioned, the 10/22 is still an inexpensive firearm to purchase, although availability may be an issue with the current mess.

He got it for his birthday.   It was mine and he had been eyeing it .  Plus he said he wants to keep it because it is the nra edition.   It is a takedown so easier to clean.   There are a few 10/22 in town but only 1 of the new version of the takedown,  the rest are normal rifles.   

Archived