SASS Wire Forum

+++++Found+++++

I have an urge to buy another 58 Remington NMA with target sights.  My old eyes can't see a post and v notch anymore.  Let me know if you have one that you can part with.

Please email me at badgerfarm2 (at) gmail dot com    I don't check the site very often as my computer is old and doesn't like the software on the forum.

Thanks

Ranger McMinn

Cabela's carries one and it can be shipped, because, according to the ATF, it's not a firearm.  Click on the link below.

Pietta Model 1858 New Army Target .44-Caliber Black Powder Revolver | Cabela's

Tucson John on here offered me one on a trade. He may still have it.

Yep, still have it.  Beautiful pistole I got it from Cabelas 5 yrs ago.Maybe longer.  lovely balance and accurate; just shot 5 shots to test it. Don't like loading and putting grease on cylinders. Nice to look at it.  But..don't want to try to mail anything. Best would be Cabelas as TM Mongo says: they could just mail it and know how.  I would like to trade in on some shootable 44-40 leveraction like a Rossi or old other one for hunting  but f to f in AZ.  Really, it's a beautiful work of art - I was really surprised when I got it on sale and saw how nice.  It's a Pietta made in Italy.

Thanks for the replies.  A quick check on the Cabelas website showed this.  https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/pietta-model-1858-new-army-target-44-caliber-black-powder-revolver

It shows that they are not currently available for online shipping which is consistent with the last few months.  In store pickup only and since the closest store to me is 4 hours one way it's hardly worth the effort.   I have a feeling that this is a specter of things to come for BP revolvers.  I hope that I'm wrong.  At any rate I was able to locate a pair of nice used target remmies on another forum and sealed the deal. 

Archived