SASS Wire Forum

What are the Frontiersmen paying the scalpers for caps?

Hellgate #3302 L

I'm down to my last couple hundred Remington #10 caps and am having trouble finding them. I found a source but by the time shipping and HazMat is added in it'll run to $13.20 per tin if I buy 1000 caps. Buying 2000 caps drops the per tin price down to $10.60/100 but that is still pretty steep after paying $6 per tin for years. I get that there is a shortage.  I have plenty of small pistol primers, home cast bullets & powder but hate to have to dig out my suppository shooters in order to make smoke. If someone has a source you could PM me if you don't want to broadcast the info.

I'm down to vacuuming the carpet in the gun room and picking thru the dust for mine... I just call my favorite pusher or two and tell 'em to find me a couple thousand... I'll let you know when they find them!

One gun store had Remington #10s and CCI #11 at $11.  Another had CCI #11 at $10.  That was a couple of weeks ago.  Seen two cans of RWS in a store yesterday at $19 something.  

MidwayUSA has RWS available at $125 per 2500 limit one.  If you can use RWS. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022777938

Hellgate, I’m thinking that it’s going to be a long time before we see Remington #10s widely available again.  I got nipples from Track of the Wolf so I can use either the CCI #11 or RWS #11.  I THINK that those will be easier to find in the future.  So now I’ve got a mix of 10s and 11s and 3 sets of nipples, somethings gotta work :wacko:

Wholesale Hunter has CCI #11 magnum for $55.44/thousand plus shipping. I understand that these are to be the closest to Rem #10s. I sent for some so we'll see.

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Product/Details/11144590?fs=1

Hope that this helps.

Buy the 2000 Remington #10s at $10.60/100.  I don't think you are going to find Remington caps again any time soon, given Remington has been broken up and sold in pieces and I don't know who bought the cap making division; maybe Vista Outdoors.  They are so busy making ammunition, it may be a long time till they do caps again, if ever.

Around here, there are only two places that have caps; CCI #11s are around $9 /100  (and both places are out right now) and no Remingtons  in many months.

MY LGS has CCI #11's I bought 2 tins $6.50 for 100 and they have a couple more. No one is buying them so I may pick up whatever they have and either get myself a C&B , which I've been thinking about, or sell 'em to someone when we start shooting again. I'm thinking about getting one just for plinking and messing around not  for cowboy shoots.;)

Hellgate . . .

Considering the current uncertainty of reliable availability for Remington # 10 Caps, even at that price I'd be snapping up a couple of thousand.  Until the folks at CCI, SPEER, FEDERAL, REMINGTON get caught up, it's gonna be some lean.  If you have a source of Rem #10, LEAP FROGGY!

13 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

You might as well buy them. That’s probably gonna be the price when they become readily available again anyway. 

Yep, I haven't run out of my last case yet... the next one is going to cost twice as much!

Archived