SASS Wire Forum

UPDATE: Stolen Browning Hi Power recovered

Bugler

UPDATE: Stolen Browning Hi Power Recovered

Spoke with the deputy on the details of this recovery. Gun was NOT used in a crime but was in the coat pocket of a parolee that had broken parole.

Bad Boy!!!

They are sending the gun to the FBI for forensics testing to be sure it was not used in any crime after 14 May 2020 which when the burglary happened.

Sheriff's Office will search where he was staying for other firearms that might be there as well....could be mine or someone else's.

Apparently when you break parole, LEO's don't need a search warrant to search the premises. Didn't know that.....

The process is still unclear as I have yet to speak with the FBI agent in charge.

At least I know WHERE it is at......now the process of going through whatever hoops are put in front of me.

Randy

AKA Bugler

Howdy,

A friend of mine had a stolen shotgun recovered and he had

to supply a case to take the shotgun from the department to his home.

I just happened to see him in the parking lot and happily handed him a soft case.

Dont forget a case. Cops might not loan you one.

Best

CR

6 hours ago, Bugler said:

UPDATE: Stolen Browning Hi Power Recovered

Spoke with the deputy on the details of this recovery. Gun was NOT used in a crime but was in the coat pocket of a parolee that had broken parole.

Bad Boy!!!

They are sending the gun to the FBI for forensics testing to be sure it was not used in any crime after 14 May 2020 which when the burglary happened.

Sheriff's Office will search where he was staying for other firearms that might be there as well....could be mine or someone else's.

Apparently when you break parole, LEO's don't need a search warrant to search the premises. Didn't know that.....

The process is still unclear as I have yet to speak with the FBI agent in charge.

At least I know WHERE it is at......now the process of going through whatever hoops are put in front of me.

Randy

AKA Bugler

Has the insurance company paid you for the gun. If they have the gun is no longer yours

No insurance company involved............

Bugler

Glad it got recovered. Hopefully comes home soon.

Speaking of insurance. Check your home owners policies. Most only cover a small amount like 1000 for what they call unscheduled guns or jewelry. If you have more than that you need to specifically tell your agent to add a rider for more. 

My daily carry cost more than our policy covers and my wife's wedding ring also. You pay a bit more for the coverage but it's worth knowing you are covered. 

Sorry for the hijack. But if you called the insurance company about one tragedy it sucks to find out you are under insured and cannot replace your collection. When 1 cowboy Ubedti 73 cost more than base coverage it's worth talking to your agent.

No insurance, I am a renter and the premium for the firearms rider due to the number of firearms I own was exorbitant, therefore I elected to forego it..

My economic loss with 11 stolen was around $12,000. 4 are back...7 to go.

Should I have had a safe?

Yes, but would need at least 3, probably 4 and have no room for that many nor the funds for such.

Bugler

AKA Randy

Just because you rent and can't bolt a safe to the floor is no excuse not to have one. There are plenty of locking cabinets and sorta-safes on the market that are light enough to wheel in or out of an apartment, and with a bunch of guns inside will be impossible for one person to move. Yes a team of thieves can remove it within minutes, but the overwhelming majority of burglars are smash n' grab artists and simply don't have the time to break into or cart away a safe. You can't make it impossible for them to steal, but you certainly don't want to make it easy for them either.

11 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So you can afford 11 guns averaging $1K, but can't afford a $1K safe? That makes perfect sense. Good luck getting all of  your guns back.

I have enough to fill at least 3 maybe 4 safes......still no room in my duplex.  Am on a fixed income in retirement......buying three or more safes is not in the equation.

I do thank you for your keen observation.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:15 PM, Bugler said:

...Apparently when you break parole, LEO's don't need a search warrant to search the premises. Didn't know that.......

A condition of the parole is that the Parolee agreed to give up their Constitutional rights.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

A condition of the parole is that the Parolee agreed to give up their Constitutional rights.

I have no doubt that this will be taken care of if the new administration has their way.

Not to jump the thread but great news and hopefully will get the gun back soon.

Archived