SASS Wire Forum

Whiner Christmas List

2 hours ago, High Spade Mikey Wilson said:

Why can't I use my 1897 Trench Shotgun in cowboy action when I can use it in Wild Bunch?  Wah Wah Wha.......

That is something I would like to know, there must be a reason.

22 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Why can’t I shoot a 97 in the BP categories.

You can't?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

No, read page 10 of the shooter's handbook.

Missed that, or more mis-interpreted it out of newbieness. Since I see '97s shot one round at a time.

Anyway, I'll drop it in this thread and do some more reading, may bring it up again in a new thread at some future date.

It isn't something I'm whining about, just was wondering why. And that is not the topic here.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Why can't I use a pre 1900 DA revolver? It IS period correct! Wah wah wah! The original Colt 1877 should be legal!!!!! Wah wah wah wah! (4 for extra emphasis)

Your Colt 1877 wouldn't make it through one match without breaking. Ha, Ha, Ha!

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Classic cowboy should be Blackpowder only!

I did my best to make it that way. I lost. wha wha wha.

sb

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Why can't I shoot stages in less than 15 seconds.  Wah, wah.

Why don't I have any hair left on the top of my head.  Wah, wah.

How come eating boiled peanuts is so much work, crawfish too.  Wah, wah.

I don't consider eating boiled peanuts work, nor do I consider eating crawfish work. Now you got me hungry!

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Why can't I use a pre 1900 DA revolver? It IS period correct! Wah wah wah! The original Colt 1877 should be legal!!!!! Wah wah wah wah! (4 for extra emphasis)

Join NCOWS. I saw my fellow shooters use DA revolvers all the time.

You forgot the wah, wah, wah so your whine has been stricken from the records.

Could you imagine if all the categories were BP except a Modern category?  With that kind of rule I might even win once in a while :D

Oh.......wah, wah, wah

Get rid of all of the regs allowing modified HAMMERS on revolvers (especially for percussion pieces)  :ph34r:

They just don't look right. :angry: ...WAH, WAH, WAH!!

(but not before I sell the few I have) :P

14 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Get rid of all of the regs allowing modified HAMMERS on revolvers (especially for percussion pieces)  :ph34r:

They just don't look right. :angry: ...WAH, WAH, WAH!!

(but not before I sell the few I have) :P

I am struggling to imagine what modified hammers on percussion revolvers look like. Why can't I see photos?!? Wah! Wah, Wah!

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I noticed that many of you are only using two wah, wahs.  This does not demonstrate sufficient dedication to your whine.  Three wah, wah, wahs are required to show you are a true whiner

Oh now we can't even whine like we want!! Wah Wah Wah Wah (that deserved four) :P

55 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I don't consider eating boiled peanuts work, nor do I consider eating crawfish work. Now you got me hungry!

First time I had boiled peanuts was on a camping trip with a couple of buddies, we stopped at a place in the Smokey Mountains. We asked the guy about boiled peanuts, He said "Let's see if they're done" He took us to a huge black kettle outside and he said, You'll have to tell me if they're done (He had no upper teeth) He said, "A man should lose his ba*&^ before he loses his teeth!!:lol:

BTW they were awesome!!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

First time I had boiled peanuts was on a camping trip with a couple of buddies, we stopped at a place in the Smokey Mountains. We asked the guy about boiled peanuts, He said "Let's see if they're done" He took us to a huge black kettle outside and he said, You'll have to tell me if they're done (He had no upper teeth) He said, "A man should lose his ba*&^ before he loses his teeth!!:lol:

BTW they were awesome!!

The first time I tried them my buddy was eating them cold. I tried one and about upchucked and wanted to know what the heck was wrong with him! A few years later I decided to try again, this time fresh and hot. From then on I was hooked. There's not too stands many here in AZ but I can make my own if I need to.

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

Your Colt 1877 wouldn't make it through one match without breaking. Ha, Ha, Ha!

Remember the period correct double action side match at EOT one year? 

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

Wally World has them by the can. Just put them on the manifold of the old truck and drive around. Lunch

Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts, Original, 13.5 oz, 12 ct - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Oh I forgot, WAH- WAH- WAH

4 minutes ago, Castalia,SASS#18915 said:

Wally World has them by the can. Just put them on the manifold of the old truck and drive around. Lunch

Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts, Original, 13.5 oz, 12 ct - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Oh I forgot, WAH- WAH- WAH

I have them in the pantry as we speak, but they do not taste the same as the roadside stand peanuts. There's just something about flirting with food poisoning that adds flavor to any home-brewed concoction. wah, wah, wah...

28 minutes ago, Cholla said:

The first time I tried them my buddy was eating them cold. I tried one and about upchucked and wanted to know what the heck was wrong with him! A few years later I decided to try again, this time fresh and hot. From then on I was hooked. There's not too stands many here in AZ but I can make my own if I need to.

I bought a can of Boiled peanuts when I was at Mule Camp. I'd never seen them for sale before going to Georgia. One of the foulest things that I've ever tried to eat. I guess it must be an acquired taste.  

7 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

I bought a can of Boiled peanuts when I was at Mule Camp. I'd never seen them for sale before going to Georgia. One of the foulest things that I've ever tried to eat. I guess it must be an acquired taste.  

Not the same as real roadside stand peanuts. It's like the difference between frozen China/Indonesia crayfish and fresh Louisiana crayfish. Not the same at all.

Why is this in the Saloon now? Wah, Wah, Wah! :lol:

There’s no whining in the Saloon! Belly up to the bar boys...and fair ladies. :)

Larson’s buying’!

Bottles, put these all in Rye’s tab...he ain’t lookin’ ;)

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why is this in the Saloon now? Wah, Wah, Wah! :lol:

There’s no whining in the Saloon! Belly up to the bar boys...and fair ladies. :)

Larson’s buying’!

Bottles, put these all in Rye’s tab...he ain’t lookin’ ;)

But when he does notice he'll cry us a river...

Wah, wah, wah, wah!

Bottles pour me a Bullet Rye, on Pat's tab.

Archived