SASS Wire Forum

Whiner Christmas List

Seems that lately if someone cries loud enough SASS responds.  For example, there was rank scoring.  Wah, wah, wah.  Now it is total time.  The rule for years was to discard your long arms OPEN and EMPTY.  Wah, wah, wah.  Now if you throw you long guns on the table and they close it is a no call.  For years if you went from the loading table to the firing line with a cocked (or half-cock) firearm it was an SDQ.  Wah, wah, wah, now it is a no call.  On the wire right now a guy violates the rules and puts a carbon fiber mag tube on his rifle (which is significantly lighter than a steel tube) and after the fact gets a “one-off” personal exemption.  Wah, wah, wah.  What would you like?  Maybe we can have a group cry.  I’ll start off.

1. Why can’t I shoot a 97 in the BP categories.  Wah, wah, wah.
  2. Why can’t my double barrel have ejectors?  87s and 97s have ejectors.  Wah, wah, wah.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Seems that lately if someone cries loud enough SASS responds.  For example, there was rank scoring.  Wah, wah, wah.  Now it is total time.  The rule for years was to discard your long arms OPEN and EMPTY.  Wah, wah, wah.  Now if you throw you long guns on the table and they close it is a no call.  For years if you went from the loading table to the firing line with a cocked (or half-cock) firearm it was an SDQ.  Wah, wah, wah, now it is a no call.  On the wire right now a guy violates the rules and puts a carbon fiber mag tube on his rifle (which is significantly lighter than a steel tube) and after the fact gets a “one-off” personal exemption.  Wah, wah, wah.  What would you like?  Maybe we can have a group cry.  I’ll start off.

2. Why can’t my double barrel have ejectors?  87s and 97s have ejectors.  Wah, wah, wah.

Why can't I shoot .38's in Classic cowboy!! Wah Wah

( actually that's me):lol:

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Why can't I shoot .38's in Classic cowboy!! Wah Wah

( actually that's me):lol:

Because then I would have even more shooters beating me in my category!

Why can’t I use my 16 gauge 1897 in Wild Bunch?

4 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

Who gave the exemption to use a carbon fiber tube? 

As posted by PWB earlier today

MODIFICATION APPLICATIONS APPROVED - 2020

18 FEB 2020

MOD: Replacement of original metal magazine tube with one made of carbon fiber.

PURPOSE: If the magazine tube receives a blow from the outside, it cannot dent.

image.png

What about an open category shot however you want on any stage you choose. Wah Wah

(actually we've done this at weekday shoots, no categories, works out just fine lots of fun to try GF for one stage, Duelist for another, two handed for another etc etc!)

Why can't I win my category at every match I attend, and get a prize, because I spent money on the cheapest junk I could find at a swap meet or yard sale,  even though I have no idea what I am doing?  WAH, WAH, WAH!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

For years if you went from the loading table to the firing line with a cocked (or half-cock) firearm it was an SDQ.  Wah, wah, wah, now it is a no call

Why can't this rule be applied in Wild Bunch also, for the long guns, for consistency ...wah, wah wah!!!!:blink:

I want to use my 20ga Marlin pump shotgun.

I want to use my 16 ga 97.

Wait, can't use either one as I sold them when I could not use them for everything.

I want to convert my 16ga 97 to 20 ga and use it.

I want Modern Category Back.

Only allow Marlins in B-western---Wait that is rule, Don't allow 1873's in B-Western-- that is a rule too... I got it:

Don't change the rifle requirements in B-western.

Anybody got any cheese to go with my whine, I like Co-Jack sticks dipped in Prairie Farms French Onion Dip.

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

What about an open category shot however you want on any stage you choose. Wah Wah

(actually we've done this at weekday shoots, no categories, works out just fine lots of fun to try GF for one stage, Duelist for another, two handed for another etc etc!)

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Isn't that B Western now?

Yea but I don't want to wear them funny clothes!:o Plus you can't use a 73 or 66.

20 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Larsen; I couldn't agree more... I've seen first hand how things have changed in the rules of our game and have played a part in many of the changes. I do know the reason for many of the changes. Some of them were for good and legitimate reasons some of them not so much so.  Pressure from sponsors, pressure from inside, pressure from influential shooters, pressure from Major MD. The fact is as winning became more important than playing the game the rules became more complex in an effort to control the run-a-way escalation of the game. I must admit that I miss the old basic rule: If it looks Cowboy, it is Cowboy. As the "Old Timers" are systematically purged from influence I don't see things going back. O-Well... I still love the game and support it.   

Snakebite

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Why can't I shoot stages in less than 15 seconds.  Wah, wah.

Why don't I have any hair left on the top of my head.  Wah, wah.

How come eating boiled peanuts is so much work, crawfish too.  Wah, wah.

Damn it, now I'm hungry. Wah, Wah.

WAH

54 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Why can't I shoot stages in less than 15 seconds.  Wah, wah.

I'm so sorry. Everyone from California can do that.

sb

Why can't I use my 28 Ga. Hammered Double in FCD, folks are already using less Blackpowder in there 12s than I use in 28 ga. loads ( 2.7 CC ) of Goex 

3F ..... 3/4 oz. of shot....

Jabez Cowboy

I noticed that many of you are only using two wah, wahs.  This does not demonstrate sufficient dedication to your whine.  Three wah, wah, wahs are required to show you are a true whiner

16 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I noticed that many of you are only using two wah, wahs.  This does not demonstrate sufficient dedication to your whine.  Three wah, wah, wahs are required to show you are a true whiner

24 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I miss you...you hippie

Why can't I use a pre 1900 DA revolver? It IS period correct! Wah wah wah! The original Colt 1877 should be legal!!!!! Wah wah wah wah! (4 for extra emphasis)

40 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Edited my post to add the extra Wah. Happy now? Wah, Wah, Wah.

Classic cowboy should be Blackpowder only! why, why, why? My questioning whine.

Archived