SASS Wire Forum

Carbon Fiber Mag Tube

Tyrel Cody

I'm in no hurry with this one.  From the other post on cf tubes, I share Flying Shootist's concern in the event of a chain fire in the tube magazine.  Having experienced cf becoming razor blades in auto accidents, I think he has raised a valid concern that needs to be tested.  Check out video.  Those shards will cut tires.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Now that they are legal, anyone know where to get one ...

I'd suspect whoever petitioned the WB to make them legal has a source or manufactures them.

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I'd suspect whoever petitioned the WB to make them legal has a source or manufactures them.

The individual who requested the ROC ruling made it himself to replace a damaged part.
It is NOT a production item.

1 hour ago,  Tequila Shooter said: 

I’d still like to know where to get the knurled mag tube screw.

@SG

Part 114

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=36&cat=Uberti+Lightning2+Rifle

Just now, Cheatin Charlie said:

Who gave permission to use a carbon fiber tube?

The ROC approved it

Tyrel, I well understand your desire.  Quite understandable.  However, there are two other, much cheaper solutions.  1).  A new OEM part.  2).  A shiny new BRASS item from Slix.  However, without the use of an Anti-Seize lubricant, NONE of the replacements will be satisfactory.

Conversely, a replacement CF magazine tube would require no Anti-Seize application.  I can also see where a Carbon Fiber tube of correct internal dimension for .38 or 32-20 could be VERY desirable.  Expensive, but desirable.  I shoot Henrys, so don't really have do Dog in the fight.

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS - - Stay Safe

2 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Tyrel, I well understand your desire.  Quite understandable.  However, there are two other, much cheaper solutions.  1).  A new OEM part.  2).  A shiny new BRASS item from Slix.  However, without the use of an Anti-Seize lubricant, NONE of the replacements will be satisfactory.

Conversely, a replacement CF magazine tube would require no Anti-Seize application.  I can also see where a Carbon Fiber tube of correct internal dimension for .38 or 32-20 could be VERY desirable.  Expensive, but desirable.  I shoot Henrys, so don't really have do Dog in the fight.

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS - - Stay Safe

All of my 73's and 66's will have knurled endcaps, before I'm done. Fine if I need anti seize and fine with the cost; its just what I like.

I'd probably just put the CF tube on one rifle, mainly just to say I have one ;)

Archived