SASS Wire Forum

Thanks TRR, TSRA, THHS and Tell Sackett!

Hellbender

The Up the Creek Gang of Lake Charles, Louisiana, was taken by surprise when we found out that monetary donations were collected to help us rebuild our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town at two major shoots in Texas this month - at Last Stand at Thunder River, the Thunder River Renegades' annual match, and at the Texas State Rifle Association CAS State Championship, hosted by the Texas Historical Shootist Society.  We wish to thank everyone who donated at these events, but we especially want to thank Tell Sackett, whose idea it was to solicit donations for us at both events, completely unbeknownst to us. He even provided the bucket to collect donations in!  I also want to thank Cobra Kid and Tell Sackett for donating material items that we will use to raise money.  CAS is filled with good folks who take care of their own, that's for sure!

This photo shows what our town looks like today.

IMG_0189 (1).jpeg

27 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Looks like you’ve made a lot of progress with the clean up.  Now y’all will have to figure out what you want to your new town to look like.

There are good people in charge of the design!

Wow! I shot there in 2013, I knew there was damage to the shooting line but that is very extensive damage!

2 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I'm glad I could help!

We appreciate your help Tell!

1 hour ago, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

Wow! I shot there in 2013, I knew there was damage to the shooting line but that is very extensive damage!

Mad Dog Jack, my hope is that after we build the new town we'll resurrect our annual, Bayou Blast, and you'll come back!

13 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I'm glad I could help!

Tell has been an outstanding contributor to the TSRA for many years, his donations have gone above and beyond, me and Texas Ghost cannot thank him and his wife enough for the kindness, this year was no exception, Tell...again...THANK YOU !! 

11 hours ago, COLORADO JACKSON said:

Tell has been an outstanding contributor to the TSRA for many years, his donations have gone above and beyond, me and Texas Ghost cannot thank him and his wife enough for the kindness, this year was no exception, Tell...again...THANK YOU !! 

Aw shucks.....:rolleyes:

Archived