SASS Wire Forum

What gun will you buy

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last ones bought me a H&R Target Classic and another 73. I'm getting a Kimber 1911 for Christmas so I think I'm good on new guns for the moment...

Looks like we may get nothing, Trump wants us to get $2000.00 but he wants them to take all the pork out. The Dems go along with 2K but want to keep the pork in. I betcha he vetoes it! 

First 0 dollars,  then 1,200 dollars, then 600 dollars, now 2000 dollars - guess we'll see something if and when we see it. If Trump wants 2,000 and the Dems are a go and he gets enough Repubs in the senate to go with the Dems - then I think he would sign it even with the pork as he had a bigger pork filled bill with 1,200 dollars on the table pre-election in negotiations with Dems but Nancy pulled the rug on it back then. 

11 hours ago, Raylan said:

First 0 dollars,  then 1,200 dollars, then 600 dollars, now 2000 dollars - guess we'll see something if and when we see it. If Trump wants 2,000 and the Dems are a go and he gets enough Repubs in the senate to go with the Dems - then I think he would sign it even with the pork as he had a bigger pork filled bill with 1,200 dollars on the table pre-election in negotiations with Dems but Nancy pulled the rug on it back then. 

It would be nice to get $2000.00 of our money back! The last one was tax free, I assume this one will be too!

If I get $2000.00 I'll definitely get a Colt SAA or maybe 2K worth of primers if they ever show up!! :P

I used to be concerned about the national debt. I am not sure it matters anymore. Hell, just keep printing money we'll all keep spending it. :o

5 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I used to be concerned about the national debt. I am not sure it matters anymore. Hell, just keep printing money we'll all keep spending it. :o

I hear ya, we can't do anything about it but vote people in that want to reduce the debt and finding them is like finding small pistol primers! Hell,  gimme some cash and I'll be adding a gun or two to my safe!;)

4 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Sadly I have that same mindset. We will never have a government that wants to reduce spending and get rid of the national debt, and to be honest if we did it would probably hurt this nation badly as we'd have to give up trillions of dollars worth of aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines and spy satellites. We all saw what happened to England when it nearly became bankrupt after the dual whammies of two world wars. The country still exists of course but it comparative little influence on the world stage compared to a century ago.

We took a significant post-retirement distribution, which probably put us above the eligibility line for a stimulus check, but, in the spirit of the discussion, I have my eye on several single-shot rifles. I will see what is available, next payday, after the bills are paid, and make a decision. 2020 was a year for acquiring the things to complete AR15 lowers, and adding two more completed lowers. I feel the need for a blued-steel antidote to that, for 2021.

I don’t want to name a specific rifle, because every time I do that, it seems, someone buys it, before I can get back to the seller.

Not buying a gun, but if I did it would probably be a Glock 43X in 9mm with silver slide, Ameriglo night sights, and Traction grey grips. Then pick up some aftermarket 15 round mags to replace the factory 10 rounders. 

On 12/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, Dantankerous said:

I have to agree with that. We have had 60 years of introduction to debit spending thanks credit cards. So now the public sees how the goverment does it and thinks that they will never have to repay all of those dollars. But alas their children will. 

Darn. Spent it and not on a gun.

Something better.

Son got a dog. A large dog. Large dog needs lots of food. So for Christmas Mr. Doggie got food and treats.

Happy dog!

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Update, Trump just signed the bill, your $600 is on the way!

A game of Chicken and President Trump was the one to swerve first...I'm disappointed.

I guess I would have to say, that $600.00 won't buy anything I want.

Perhaps the question should be: what firearm would you put a down-payment on, with your "stimulus" check? 

First I'd have to find a shop that still offered a lay-a-way plan (good luck with that).

Then, I'd have the owner order what I wanted, since it, naturally, would be out of stock.

If the shop owner did not need any up-front money to order the item, I would put it in something that accumulated interest, and by the time the firearm came it (last time I did that, it took a year and a half), I might have a few extra cents added on to the six hundred bucks. 

For $600 bucks, it would be down-payment on an Italian clone of something, I am sure.

In 1973 I paid $235.00 for a Colt Single Action Army, new in a "stagecoach box". Those days are deader than an ex-spouse's sympathy.

W.K. 

On 12/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, Dantankerous said:

like we have printing presses that could keep up with this spending 

10 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

A game of Chicken and President Trump was the one to swerve first...I'm disappointed.

He was stuck, he would have been hated for not giving anything to the people and now he's hated for caving in!

This is why I don't run for POTUS!:P

Now I guess they're voting today to increase it to $2000.00 but just for some people. It's complicated but we will get at least $600.00

I'm picking up a Ruger 10/22 that's on layaway 'til tomorrow.  The stimulus will go to give it a few upgrades--we'll just see how far we can get!

It will end up in the same place as the last one we got... in the bank in case things go further south and I need it to live.  Hopefully, someday there will be Guns, Ammo and Primers on the shelves of the LGS instead of the dust that is there now and then I will pick out a new toy.

On 12/21/2020 at 7:26 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Looking at buying a CZ .22 rifle and stick it in a nice Boyd's laminate stock.

If some reloading bullets become available, I'll probably double stock up on them.

..........Widder

Should be in this week!

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-varmint-mtr/

Archived