SASS Wire Forum

What gun will you buy

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last stimulus, I bought primers and wads. Seems that it was a wise move. Can't do that this time.

Deciding between buying a Ruger Wrangler or paying scalper's prices on GB for some primers...

7 minutes ago, Laramie said:

I’m thinking maybe a CZ over under. They’re kinda pretty. 

Might be purty but the barrels aren't in the correct alignment.:P

Hmmm...I actually hadn’t thought about it. Maybe I will set it aside for a CMP 1911. I have a call in to the DOJ Bureau of Firearms to make sure military curios include surplus 1911s. 

Looking at buying a CZ .22 rifle and stick it in a nice Boyd's laminate stock.

If some reloading bullets become available, I'll probably double stock up on them.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Laramie said:

I’m thinking maybe a CZ over under. They’re kinda pretty. 

Sassparilla Kid bought one a couple years ago.  Actually, it was surprisingly well made* and a handsome piece, and it fit him nicely.

*One legendary issue with 'em is the stiffness.  Out of the box it was VERY stiff... the barrels would not fall open when the lever is actuated.   But it WILL loosen up eventually.  ;)

I got my eye on a Colt Police Positive Special in .38 spl, It's nickled 4 " barrel in pretty nice shape and I'll have a few bucks left over!

winchester 1892 in 357 I have been looking for a year 

my union gave fat sim payment last month an extra month pension check no guns to buy so am looking at Ford Flex asd gun cart hauler 

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

Mine will go toward to paying off the used Rigby 16g SxS I bought last spring.

We need Photos !!!

My favorite Gauge is 16 followed closely by 28, 12 & 20 ....

Jabez Cowboy 

I want a Mossberg 940 JM Pro for 3 Gun. I know, heresy here. But there ain't none available at a fair price so I'll just wait. Maybe put it towards a Dillon 750 reloading press on back order, need that at some point for this sport.

I was blessed enough last year I didn’t qualify for any checks this year. Bad thing this year my  business is 60% off due to Covid. 

A 280 AI has sounded good to me for a while, but I just got a new compound bow for Christmas at 1/2 price. Spending about as much fitting it out and haven’t gotten arrows yet.

Next gun will probably be a Tikka in 260 Remington unless I find a Model 70 featherweight in the same caliber. 

Well thanks to your thread I decided to go ahead and put my order in for my ruger.  

Dan, I have 3 Tikkas in 260.....a CTR, Sporter, and Tac A1....you will not regret that purchase, plus can buy supplies for it all day long since the Creedmoor gets all the publicity :)

ill most likely save it to pay my income taxes in a few months - this was not a stringless gift , it was our own money that the government has already or will be taking from us , i hope all the young folks that got the unemployment checks kept a portion for that purpose but i suspect there will be a bunch of tax day surprises in april , its sad but all those that look to the government for their future livelihood are not seeing things clearly , 

Replace some of the money of the 3 I just got in the last few weeks.

Got the wife (Sierra Starr) a backup Marlin. Should be shipped this week.

For me.

A .243 and nice Vortex scope and a race ready new 73 brush popper. 

9 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

We need Photos !!!

My favorite Gauge is 16 followed closely by 28, 12 & 20 ....

Jabez Cowboy 

Here you go19919_0.jpg.7d6c848d8851cd0e2ed387de3c7e418e.jpg

19921_0.jpg

I'm hoping to boost my savings to the point that I can pay all my household bills for a couple of years if I become unemployed for any reason. This and any tax return will be banked this year.   

11 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I'm hoping to boost my savings to the point that I can pay all my household bills for a couple of years if I become unemployed for any reason. This and any tax return will be banked this year.   

Well.....that's a pretty irresponsible thing to do when there are still guns out there to buy.:D:P

Archived