SASS Wire Forum

Offered the vaccine.

Raylan

37 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Don't drive, don't drink, don't smoke, don't cross the street, don't drink the tap water, don't point a weapon at a Officer, don't eat meat, don't tell the wife she looks fat in that dress may all postpone dying but aren't we are all are going to die sometime?  Would y'all rather have a long safe boring life living in fear or a fun filled life?

My life is neither boring nor fear filled thank you very much. I’ll still take the vaccine.

So last night a commentator asked this question, If the last virus development took 4 years to create and do trials to ascertain effectiveness and side effects, how can they create a virus in 3 or 4 months? They're stating its an emergency so it's "OK".

A new strain of the virus has shown up so this existing vaccine is now suspect or worthless.

I got polio and smallpox vaccines because I was 8 years old and didn't have a choice!

"You get flu shots every year. Why because the virus mutates and the CDC "guesses" at what vaccine they need for the coming year. And they say it may not be 100% effective" This is from my doctor who was still trying to get me to take a flu shot.

5 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So last night a commentator asked this question, If the last virus development took 4 years to create and do trials to ascertain effectiveness and side effects, how can they create a virus in 3 or 4 months? They're stating its an emergency so it's "OK".

A new strain of the virus has shown up so this existing vaccine is now suspect or worthless.

I got polio and smallpox vaccines because I was 8 years old and didn't have a choice!

"You get flu shots every year. Why because the virus mutates and the CDC "guesses" at what vaccine they need for the coming year. And they say it may not be 100% effective" This is from my doctor who was still trying to get me to take a flu shot.

• They put a tremendous amount of extra personnel and resources into the project as Priority #1. The trials involved a much larger testing population than usual.
  • Wrong. It is not a new strain. It has mutated slightly. The vaccine is not worthless.
  • I would still get the Polio and Smallpox vaccinations. They are the reason those two diseases are virtually unheard of today
  • Nothing is 100%. I got a flu and pneumonia shot last week. Not just 1 doctor but 3 doctors told me I should.

47 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:
  • They put a tremendous amount of extra personnel and resources into the project as Priority #1. The trials involved a much larger testing population than usual.
  • Wrong. It is not a new strain. It has mutated slightly. The vaccine is not worthless.
  • I would still get the Polio and Smallpox vaccinations. They are the reason those two diseases are virtually unheard of today
  • Nothing is 100%. I got a flu and pneumonia shot last week. Not just 1 doctor but 3 doctors told me I should.
  • So extra personnel and "effort" did the work of 4 years in 4 months. It is literally impossible to get substantiated verifiable results and side effects in 4 months. The 4 years mentioned was the "shortest" time it took to get the vaccine approved.
  • A mutation is a new strain. Strain is the word being used by the medical professionals. No one knows how the new strain will work with the current vaccine. So like the annual flu shots the vaccines need adjusted for new strains.
  • At 8 years old I didn't have any involvement in the decision to get a vaccine.
  • Your agreeing that vaccines aren't 100% effective confirms that this vaccine, like all other vaccines have no assurance that you will not get whatever virus is floating around.

28 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

At 8 years old I didn't have any involvement in the decision to get a vaccine.

You've said this twice. As an adult, would you not get the polio and smallpox vaccines? That is, if polio and smallpox were still here, and had not been eliminated by vaccinations?

Now there is no need for those vaccines since they have been eliminated. But, there's always a but. They said the same thing about tuberculosis. It came back a few years ago more virulent than ever.

My sort of point to all of this is people are running around jumping on a vaccine that really hasn't been tested under the normal protocols.

It will not be 100% effective

It will evolve into new strains, which require a new vaccine. And a new vaccine, and a new vaccine.

Why is this being pushed when the malaria medicine  that had positive results in expediting recovery from covid wasn't allowed? It's been around for 70 years with known side effects.

There have been documented negative reactions to the vaccine, but line them up anyway. To protect against something with a 98.5% recovery rate.

To each his own and its your choice. I choose to not get one.

I found these two articles very interesting regarding pathogenic priming and antibody dependent enhancement; things I had not heard of before regarding vaccines:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/pfizer-covid-vaccine-trial-shows-alarming-evidence-of-pathogenic-priming-in-older-adults

https://sciencewithdrdoug.com/2020/08/01/is-a-coronavirus-vaccine-a-ticking-time-bomb/

One of my fraternity brothers from college is a pediatrician. He got the shot at the first opportunity. I have other doctors I know as friendly acquaintances. All I have spoken with will get the shot. I have several friends from my military days that are physician's assistants and RNs with Masters Degrees. They have or will get the shot. I have yet to hear a medical professional, epidemiologist, or the like with any credibility say they would NOT get the shot. Actually, at this stage I haven't heard any say they won't. I am confident I am not as well educated on the subject as ANY of these people who are stepping up to get the shot. I choose to follow their lead because I have a strong belief they know much on the subject I don't.

I know that part of the success of the vaccine will depend on "herd immunity." If I take the vaccine, it helps not only me, but my family and others. Not taking it potentially puts others at risk. 99. whatever % survival rate? Great. My chances of getting home from work are likely statistically better, but I put on a seat belt every day, and not just because I am required to. I don't drive drunk, because I want to get home in one piece, and not kill someone else. Not because it is the law, but because I believe it is the right thing to do, and I lost two fraternity brothers years ago to a drunk driver, and I know that pain. So, if I can take it and better my own chances at surviving, and potentially spare myself or someone else the pain of losing a loved one to it, I believe to do otherwise is selfish and belligerent for unfathomable reasons.

Being selfish and belligerent with unfathomable reasons I am free to choose. I find this to be like the face masks. The cloth masks people are wearing are next to worthless. They do not have the ability to capture the micron size bugs of the virus. But hey they said wear a mask so I am. The doctors and nurses I've seen and talked with are not wearing the Amazon made next door cloth masks. Many have spoken out against the masks as causing respiratory problems of their own. Even flip flop Fauci can't make up his mind.

They can't publish anything they want about being safe and clinical trials, but doing it in 4 months instead of 4 years sounds suspect to me. WHy hadn't we heard about teh development and trials until here take this shot started?

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Being selfish and belligerent with unfathomable reasons I am free to choose. I find this to be like the face masks. The cloth masks people are wearing are next to worthless. They do not have the ability to capture the micron size bugs of the virus. But hey they said wear a mask so I am. The doctors and nurses I've seen and talked with are not wearing the Amazon made next door cloth masks. Many have spoken out against the masks as causing respiratory problems of their own. Even flip flop Fauci can't make up his mind.

They can't publish anything they want about being safe and clinical trials, but doing it in 4 months instead of 4 years sounds suspect to me. WHy hadn't we heard about teh development and trials until here take this shot started?

I don't see any of us lining up to force you to take it... so why get so bent over it.  You don't want it, don't get it.

As for masks, they are not to stop "micron sized bugs of the virus".  They are to limit big fat wet droplets expelled when people sneeze, cough, hack, or whatever... Masks wont stop it all, but will limit the globule's travel.  Wearing one limits how much of it you breathe in.  Notice, I said "limit", not "eliminate".  Anything that cuts down on how much is expelled from an infected person, or inspired by a non-infected person, helps cut down the transmission.   Don't forget to use an alcohol-based disinfectant on your hands... people's mess gets everywhere.  I keep wipes in my car for everytime I leave a store.  Yuck!

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

The cloth masks people are wearing are next to worthless. They do not have the ability to capture the micron size bugs of the virus. But hey they said wear a mask so I am. The doctors and nurses I've seen and talked with are not wearing the Amazon made next door cloth masks....

Masks have never been about capturing 'micron size...virus'. Their purpose is to mitigate spray of droplets that contain virus. They have a range of effectiveness, N95 being by far the best. But they all help to one degree or another.

As to the second point, detailed news about vaccine development and the testing has been going on all the time, reported in many sources. I followed several of them; the ongoing news has been reported for months.

[edit; my post crossed in the ether with McC's]

I don't see any of us lining up to force you to take it... so why get so bent over it.  You don't want it, don't get it. It is about choice. I choose to wait and see the side effects and the actual effectiveness of this vaccine. Of course in 2 months they'll be pushing a new vaccine for the new strain. This is about control and seeing how much BS we'll take before we push back.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:46 PM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Now there is no need for those vaccines since they have been eliminated. 

Polio and small pox still exist in the world just sayin’

On 12/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, Raylan said:

Been offered the vaccine through work as a frontline healthcare worker. Don't know if I should take it or not. Pretty sure I already have had the virus. What would you do?

As a Respiratory Therapist working with COIVD patients every shift I took the first doe of the vaccine on 12/21. I was on the fence as well, however I don't want this virus and I think it's the only way we will start to see the country getting back to normal. Personally I would take it. No side effects for me or my co-workers as of yet other than some having sore arms or an initial headache.

let me cut in line

Cases in SF bay area are growing everyday

if getting a shot means I can get haircut  Eat inside and watch a pole dancer with NO mask  Give me both types 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Red, if thats the case then why don't the medical professionals wear designer masks? Because they don't work. Spray droplets hit compromised mask, you inhale and what happens?

Ike,

Medical professionals are in the room while the virus is aerosolized by doing medical procedures or in a patient's face when they cough, sneeze or during intubation. They are wearing N95's or PAPR's during these procedures. The general public is staying 6' apart and not in each others faces. Cloth masks are going to stop large particles from entering your mouth or nose. At six feet your mask should never get saturated to the point of it being compromised.

However this is about getting the vaccine, it's your choice to get it or not. 

Tully

Our military has known for years that we would have to deal with a biological attack sooner or later.  Does anyone here think that Military Medical Labs have not been working up potential vaccines and only needed to know the specific agent to complete their development?

Duffield

I figure it is like a brand new anything, coming out...you might want to take a wait and see attitude, to see what the side-effects are. For some, it may be nothing...for others it may be not so good. Side effects do different things to different people. Plus, how effective is it? Is it a hit and miss thing, like the annual flu shot? It's your body, do as you think best...but take things into consideration, before you follow the latest thing, hook, line, and sinker. 

W.K.

None of us are medical experts and we each can formulate what we believe is the thing to do. I find it hard to believe that within 4 to 6 months "they" created a vaccine, tested it on humans and are confident in its effectiveness and risks. Also there are 320 million of us in the USA. How long will it take to process 320 million doses? Plus international doses? The fastest a vaccine has ever been developed is 4 years. Not being a conspiracy guy it just seems they had a jump on the vaccine knowing COVID was going to get released.

At some point the combination of masks and protective measures along with vaccines should get the risk of catching it reduced way before they inoculate 320 million American's.

As long as it's "my choice" to take the vaccine or not I won't. If they make it mandatory, I won't. Of course this like O'Bummer Care they may fine you if you don't take it.

And Tully I'm sure if Rubicon had a chance he would have gotten the vaccine. His choice.

21 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I figure it is like a brand new anything, coming out...you might want to take a wait and see attitude, to see what the side-effects are. For some, it may be nothing...for others it may be not so good. Side effects do different things to different people. Plus, how effective is it? Is it a hit and miss thing, like the annual flu shot? It's your body, do as you think best...but take things into consideration, before you follow the latest thing, hook, line, and sinker. 

W.K.

You can apply that statement to any medicine ever developed I reckon. From aspirin to cough syrup.

Archived