SASS Wire Forum

FYI Cabelas Miroku Sale

El CupAJoe

image.png.4faa44d1124413369bcd29d90855d665.png

don't know how competitive Cabela's is compared to other retailer's but $250 off sounds impressive to the wife...

That seems like a fair price. The "discount" is off of MSRP so not really a sale as much as an advertisement.

I think street price was a little lower a year ago, but not by much IIRC. I was looking to buy then until I found the exact one I was looking for.

Just looked and GunBroker prices (for NIB "standard" production rifles) are in line with this advertisement.

20 hours ago, Tall Tale Todd said:

According to the Winchester Miroku Website, $1299 is the MSRP price. Looks like cabellas has jacked up the price and then simply made it look like the sale is a bargain.

That’s a tactic all across the retail market. Another  highly promoted tactic is you better buy now because prices are going up after January 1st. 

I’ve been looking for a Miroku ‘73 in .44-40 for months.  I could not find any in my area on Gun Genie and very few on Gunbroker.

I found a new one, the base model short rifle with round barrel and blued receiver, in a local gun store, marked a little under $1200.  I looked it up and saw that this was just under MSRP.  I would have preferred one of the nicer finished models but since the Miroku ‘73s were scarce and I had a gift certificate from that store that I could apply to the purchase price, I bought it for $1200 out the door.

If you want one from Cabelas, look into purchasing gift cards online at a discount. It would save you a little money.

Cabela's has common cartridges "On Sale" too!  Until you try to check out with your order and get a "Out of Stock" notice....:wacko:

Winchester 1873 rifle is "Out of Stock" too!

687487275_ScreenShot2020-12-22at12_07_52PM.thumb.png.5cda45032b720be53c203043bed57add.png

It depends on how bad you want one. GB used to be filled with Miroku 73s at about that prices and a little less. Now the few available are higher. The law of supply and demand.

Archived