SASS Wire Forum

Favorite after market progressive reloader mod?

Matthew Duncan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Customized small LED light at the bullet seating station (Dillon 1050)  a second "powder check step",  The old "Double ocular field scan test".

Ol'  #4

The micrometer adjustment for the powder measure on my Dillon SDB. From Unique Tek . Way faster and easier than the bolt.

Also, the powder drain bar from Unique, allows draining the powder without removing the measure from the loader. Follow the directions however or be prepared to pick up the mess.;)

The extended primer slide bearing plate for the Dillon 550.    No more primer slide hangups!   Thanks, UniqueTek!

Good luck, GJ

I bought an extended primer track plate with a ball bearing on the outside edge to remove sideways movement from JW Systems off Amazon.      GW

Oh great.

All these really cool toys/ideas and SWMBO has finished her Christmas shopping!

Now to figure out how to get a modified Christmas list to Santa...hmmmmm  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Gateway Kid

Double Alpha bullet feeder, die only no carousel. I made an adapter for a single polycarbonate tube holding 50 bullets. I load 5 of these tubes before starting loading. I hand prime 250 cases ahead of time. I can load 100 rnds in about 8 minutes this way.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

RCBS Lockout die.  Have one on every toolhead.

Live Primer chute thing-a-ma-bob.  Don't remember who I got it from, but it's 3d printed chute that drops primer into slide out box.

UniqueTek spent primer fitting and tube that runs thru a hole in my bench to a big plastic jar with a hole in the lid.

After the Inline Fabrication Sky Light it's a tossup between the Primer Feed Stop Switch and the Case Feed Stop Switch for my 650.  Both are from Uniquetek.  

I really like the Pyrex hopper for all Dillon Powder Measures I can see the powder.......... I have them on my Dillon 550 and Mec Shotshell reloaders powder and shot.  Driftwood Dan

DRAM WORX – Pyrex Replacement Hoppers

2DSC_010

2 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Live Primer chute thing-a-ma-bob.  Don't remember who I got it from, but it's 3d printed chute that drops primer into slide out box.

A friend showed me those so I printed them up for both of us. Love 'em!

This wasn’t a mod I bought but on my 650XL I added a long plastic tube to the spent primer chute.  The used primers go into a bin under the loader stand, I don’t even know how much it holds, I’ve never come close to filling it up.

27 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

A friend showed me those so I printed them up for both of us. Love 'em!

What would it take to get one? 

I just put a light kit on my 650 that I got from a guy on MeWe.  I put the LED in the center hole and the strip on the press frame.  Really lit it up!!

20201221_141448.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

What would it take to get one? 

For me to get the new printer unboxed and set up after moving. Pm me in about 3 weeks!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4239654

I got a 3d printed case feeder for my Hornady LnL. Best $100  I've spent in a while! And I added a $25 led light strip that was worth every penny as well.

Now if I could just find a cheap bullet feeder that would drop lead bullets.........(consistently) 

I added a 6mm dia. USB camera/bore scope (like $10 on ebay) down the center of the bullet seat die on my SDB.  The press geometry prevents you from seeing small charges in a tall case, e.g., 38spl.   The scope lets you visually confirm powder charge before setting bullet on the case. 

I have added a few mods:

Low powder has alarm added was small light mounted on top; See two photos.

Added Live primer catcher  holder; See photo.

Added old primer catch tube with bottle,  See Photo

Added 45lc shell on top primer rod for weight.

Hope photos ok jgp3749@cox.net

PWR Check alarm.jpg

PWR Checklight.jpg

IMG_20201222_091747.jpg

IMG_20201222_091915.jpg

IMG_20201222_091729.jpg

Archived