SASS Wire Forum

Worst place the TV show Hoarders ever saw

DeaconKC

Okay, first some background: I retired as a Parole Agent in Illinois 3 1/2 years ago. The last 13 years I worked the Sex Offender Supervision Unit, and one of our duties was to do background/placement investigations to where our parolees would live when they were paroled. We denied about 3/4s of these. We would always call local law enforcement to check on the people first. The best was that they had never heard of the people [rare] next was a long pause and groan [most of them. The worst was when they broke out in laughter....this was one of those.

The first investigation took me here after hysterical laughter from the Sheriff's Department. As I pulled up to what looked like an open dump, a goat came wandering out of the house! The denial form actually was stapled on the wall of the Sex Offender Coordinator's office in Springfield HQ.

A few months later I was notified that she had cleaned the place up due to orders from the EPA! Went out to do another investigation and the yard was at least visible. After going through the house and trailer, it was denied again. A couple months later I found out it was going to be on Hoarders. We watched and my poor wife was going into full body quivers. After this show, she declared my boots were to come off in the garage, and I really couldn't argue with it.

Anyway, if you want to see what Law Enforcement Officers have to go into all too often, here is an eye-opening [and watering] show

Hubby, an electrician, has experienced some odd things.

He had a job once to do work in the "projects" on Broadway in Sacramento. One apartment was inhabited by a foil hoarder.  There was a hall through the place, otherwise it was floor to ceiling used foil.

The other had an inhabitant who poured water from buckets on the floor. There was mold on the ceilings and walls.

He refused to return to either.

56 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hubby, an electrician, has experienced some odd things.

He had a job once to do work in the "projects" on Broadway in Sacramento. One apartment was inhabited by a foil hoarder.  There was a hall through the place, otherwise it was floor to ceiling used foil.

The other had an inhabitant who poured water from buckets on the floor. There was mold on the ceilings and walls.

He refused to return to either.

Do not blame him for not wanting to risk respiratory problems.

That, and those places sound disgusting.

5 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'm not a compulsive hoarder, but I am a serious pack rat. I can't seem to throw away the boxes stuff comes in and I hang onto to useless things far longer than I need to. I do keep my place orderly however.

As long as you keep the clutter in your closets, man cave, shop, or garage that sounds okay to me.

Yep, Had to go into way too many places like that when I was a telephone guy. What always cracked me up was when they'd say "Sorry, I haven't had a chance to sweep this week"! Lady you haven't swept this dump in years! One house the trash was literally a foot deep in the kitchen and the goats had eaten the phone wire, this was on the third floor of a tenement building. You couldn't put tools down as the roaches would carry them away.;)

This place there was a path through the living room from the front door to the kitchen. It was barely wide enough for my shoulders and was actually as high as my shoulders and I'm 6'3".

Archived