SASS Wire Forum

I QUIT........

Widder, SASS #59054

We got 2 Walmart superstores where I live.... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB Rifles.

We got a nice Tractor Supply...... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB Rifles.

And we got a fairly good size Rural King (with a big gun section)...... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB rifles.

I predict there will be more kids (and probably grown men) get a Red Rider BB Rifle for Christmas than ever before.

I've quit looking for them.   I was gonna buy 3 of them for my brothers, just to add a few 'memories' into our Christmas day.

..........Widder

Scheels stocks them in store.  The sale ends today so you’d have to order online tonight for delivery or for pickup in store next week.  Buying three of them will get you over $100 for free shipping.  They also sell a salt guns and toilet paper guns.

Red Ryder comes in an adult and a kid length.

018F9ED9-BDC9-41EE-823A-A6B53ED935AF.jpeg

56 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Check Bass Pro.

This. Bass Pro had them.  Good luck finding the BBs.:lol:

13 minutes ago, Arkansas Harper SASS #33169 said:

Call Paul at the Daisy Museum in Rodgers AR.  They have lots of refurbished guns.

Harper

As usual, a reply benefits more than the OP!

Never knew they had refurbs, this is a resource that will come in handy!

Many thanks for this intel!

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

We got 2 Walmart superstores where I live.... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB Rifles.

We got a nice Tractor Supply...... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB Rifles.

And we got a fairly good size Rural King (with a big gun section)...... and NO Daisy RED RIDER BB rifles.

I predict there will be more kids (and probably grown men) get a Red Rider BB Rifle for Christmas than ever before.

I've quit looking for them.   I was gonna buy 3 of them for my brothers, just to add a few 'memories' into our Christmas day.

..........Widder

You’ll put your eye out.

Locally here, I can find supply’s of them at all three listed locations.  That supply has gone down in the last 3 weeks.   

TSC and RK should be able to check other store stocks and transfer in for free, and maybe by Christmas, or you can travel a bit more and pick them up also. 

Here in the PRK, Walmart is entirely politically correct... got rid of handgun ammo, and 223.
Still have BB guns, even though it is illegal to shoot them in the back yard in Sacramento county.

48 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Here in the PRK, Walmart is entirely politically correct... got rid of handgun ammo, and 223.
Still have BB guns, even though it is illegal to shoot them in the back yard in Sacramento county.

That is a corporate Walmart policy now.  None of the stores carry those.  There is also a policy about which firearms may be displayed and which must be held in the back cage until requested.

All the sporting goods stores still have BBs in stock here.  AirSoft pellets are sometimes sold out.

17 hours ago, Alpo said:

There's a Walmart only version that comes "with a compass in the stock and the thing that tells the time".

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Christmas-Wish-Red-Ryder-BB-Gun/795916436

Thanks Alpo, 

I didn’t know that was a real thing at all.

CEA5DB9A-C0DA-4965-8AD5-E51C414D0322.jpeg

Daisy used to make a pump BB gun. Buck somebody, White Hunter. And it came with a compass and a sundial. You used a toothpick or a matchstick in the hole.

And when Jean Shepherd wrote the book IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS PAY CASH, he got the model of the gun wrong. and when they made the movie out of the book they stuck with his wrong model. Ralphie's gun had a compass and a sundial. And Ralphie's gun, they had it put on the left side, because Ralphie was left-handed.

So Walmart had Daisy make a special order this year with the compass and the sundial. As I understand it, they are the only place you can get it from.

Although if they don't sell out, you might can get it for half price from CDNN next year. B)

31 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Although if they don't sell out, you might can get it for half price from CDNN next year. B)

Because of all of this, every CAS will be ordering 2 or 3.  Cheaper than Dirt will be selling them for $500 a pop along with their over-priced ammo.

Well guess what!

I went to Smoky Mtn Knife/Gun store today and found them.   Got all I needed, plus BB's.

All is well.   Some menfolk will be surprised this Friday with a new Daisy Red Ryder BB Rlfle.

...........Widder

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Aw heck. Couple a drinks and men with BB guns...  Make sure the ladies have tweezers and antiseptic to pick those BBs out of you all.

There will be 8 (eight) recipients of Daisy BB rifles given out on Friday at the family get together.  

Four of them are either inactive or active Marines.

One was in the Navy.

That leaves ONLY THREE that will know how to shoot..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

wife needed something from wallyworld tonight.  went to get it and stopped by the sporting goods section.  $25?

i could not resist!

I did hear that years ago Daisy made a ltd run of guns to commemorate the “Christmas Story” but those were $150 iirc.

AD7BD6F7-BA46-4CAE-8041-7C73AD7C8F6B.jpeg

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

suddenly i want one in the most irrational way of my entire life and ive wanted things in irrational ways way too many times in life to even begin explaining this 

the bb gun or tp gun?

16 hours ago, bgavin said:

in the san fran bay area walmarts have NO ammo 

just a few BBguns 

When our local Walmart closed down all ammo, I was told the Walmart in Folsom (5 miles away) still had politically correct ammo.
We rarely go there, so Walmart may entirely be out of the ammo business altogether.  Dunno.
I used to get Federal trap shells there.. but now get them from Bass Pro when on sale.

They had a 3-case limit of STS for a super sale price, so I stocked up.
I finished up my cases of Gun Club, but have not shot trap since our organizer moved to NV to live with his daughter.

10 hours ago, WOLFY said:

the bb gun or tp gun?

the BB gun , back in those days of youth i had a 12ga pump at 10yo and a 22 rifle i got when i was 8 yo , i had access to supervised use of a 3006 springfield and 303 enfield , i didnt really want a BB gun , 

Back when I was still in diapers, Mama laid away a three screw Blackhawk for dear old Dad.

Took her a full year to get it paid off, nickels were scarce in those days but she got it done.

She talked the proprietor, a kindly old man I remember with great fondness, out of a Daisy Red Ryder box.

Come Christmas morning, dear old Dad was puzzling over this one present ... he was as bad as we were about pressing down the paper to try and read through it, shake the package, heft the package, listen to the package ... this one had all the weight on one end ... and it rattled when he turned it over.

He ripped away the wrapping paper with the same happy abandon as his infant son, and Mama said his face fell about three feet when he saw DAISY RED RYDER BB GUN on the box.

Now once he opened the box and found three gravels loose in that mostly empty box to make it rattle, and the Blackhawk box secured in one end ... well, an expression of dismay and sorrow turned to a grin broad as two Texas townships!

That fine revolver taught me about pistol shooting, he has it to this day!

My Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun War Story!

2 hours ago, watab kid said:

the BB gun , back in those days of youth i had a 12ga pump at 10yo and a 22 rifle i got when i was 8 yo , i had access to supervised use of a 3006 springfield and 303 enfield , i didnt really want a BB gun , 

kinda makes sense... when we moved to the US from the Philippines (I was @9) my folks got me a Remington .22 and my uncle got me a Mossberg 20 guage.  

however, we lived in the city, so those were only for going out of town with.  In our yard and alleyway, the Daisys me and my brother had were always hitting cans, marbles, anything we could prop up against the plywood backstop.

Archived