SASS Wire Forum

See y’all soon

Perro Del Diablo

I’ll make mention of you to the big man this evening. 

Don’t be giving the nurses a hard time. 

The best food for convalescing is hamburgers and vanilla pudding. No foolin’.  ;)

Good luck!!  Had three fusions just over a year ago!!  

DO THE REHAB!!

16 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Ya lengthening or shortening your neck?:rolleyes: Trying to adjust it to fit the sights on your rifle?:P

Best of luck with the operation. My thoughts are with you.

I’m pretty sure Devil Dog is lengthening his neck. And it will be leather. 

Semper Fi and Godspeed!

2 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Ya lengthening or shortening your neck?

I thought lengthening one's neck was done with a rope and a tall tree.:rolleyes: Hopefully, that is not the the procedure they are trying out on you.:o

Make sure to avoid those nasty germs at the hospital. I got a staff infection in my back when I had back surgery.

Get well quick and be safe.

Prayers heading south from the northern side of the Medicine Line.

12 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I thought lengthening one's neck was done with a rope and a tall tree.:rolleyes: Hopefully, that is not the the procedure they are trying out on you.:o

Make sure to avoid those nasty germs at the hospital. I got a staff infection in my back when I had back surgery.

Get well quick and be safe.

Was this at Fairfield Memorial? :(

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Was this at Fairfield Memorial? :(

No, it was at a brand new Hospital in Bolingbrook ,IL.  At the time I had the surgery, I had watched them build it and it had been open maybe 6 months and I figured since it was new, it would be the best place to go. My Doc was doing surgery there and 3 other places. I ended up in the Joliet hospital on IV antibiotics for 3 days, I was in the the hospital for the surgery just one day..I guess new is not always clean and better. This was about 12 years ago.

If I had been in Fairfield at that time, they would have sent me to Evansville, IN or St Louis, MO as they don't do that type of surgery there. My mom was a nurse at Fairfield Memorial Hospital off and on from 1956 ( started as Candy Striper) and retired as Director of Nursing in 1998. I never worried about getting treated there. (Still Don't).She had a picture hanging in her office of her working in the hospital as a Candy striper hanging in her office when she was Director of Nursing.

15 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

That's what happens when you buy Fords.

I don’t buy Fords!!  They wander in and I put Chevrolet drivetrains in them!! :o <_<

I drove a ‘61 Falcon for a while. I put a 327 Chevy engine, a 4spd transmission, and a 12 bolt Pontiac rear end in it.  I painted a huge light bulb on the trunk with the inscription “Powered By Chevrolet...  until Ford really has a better idea!” :lol:

"Calling Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard..."

2 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Surgery went well may even go home today if not be tomorrow 

That's great! Please follow through with PT and the Doc's orders.

Oh, and take it easy on those pain killers....you make less sense than your norm :P

....round numbers...HA!

Archived