SASS Wire Forum

Change in Packaging?

Sixgun Seamus

On 12/20/2020 at 8:34 PM, Patagonia Pete said:

Thanks ... 

Sooooooooo ... I didn't have any problem finding Federal Small Pistols Primers/Amorces at a French site!!

First search and whammo ... there they are ... In Stock too ... 

https://www.armurerie-gilles.com/@FR-FR/federal_lc78.html

I guess the new packaging allows them to fit in better in their overseas market ...

That is an amazing shortage!! Short here but not short there!! 

Wow ... 

They are in stock in large quantities, but when you try to order some coming to the USA, they say the primers are non-exportable and automatically empty your cart.  They have almost every country listed to be shipped to, however not us.

1 minute ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

They are in stock in large quantities, but when you try to order some coming to the USA, they say the primers are non-exportable and automatically empty your cart.  They have almost every country listed to be shipped to, however not us.

Yep ... I wasn't actually considering ordering anything. 

What I thought was interesting ... IS ... if the shortage is due to a manufacture overload ... why would they have such a robust stock ??!?

If they are only "unavailable" here ... then there is a problem here. 

9 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Yep ... I wasn't actually considering ordering anything. 

What I thought was interesting ... IS ... if the shortage is due to a manufacture overload ... why would they have such a robust stock ??!?

If they are only "unavailable" here ... then there is a problem here. 

I guess we need to learn to speak French and all would be well.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, Waimea said:

I've heard rumors that there's plenty just north of you.

I'm guessing there might be an issue bringing that type of purchase back though.

I dunno.

Apparently there’s a permit required to purchase primers in Canada... I tried to purchase from a wholesaler there but they don’t sell or ship

to the USA...

On 12/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

The new packaging is to differentiate between the old priming compound with a spec'd shelf life of 47+ years, and the new priming compound designed with obsolescent degradation chemicals that only last two to three years.

Well, THAT'S some key information!

On 12/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

The new packaging is to differentiate between the old priming compound with a spec'd shelf life of 47+ years, and the new priming compound designed with obsolescent degradation chemicals that only last two to three years.

Source of this "info"?

Archived