SASS Wire Forum

Delta Raider has Passed

Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L

Got this from Dragon Hill Dave this morning and waited to see if anyone else would post it and they have not so I will.  I met Delta Raider years ago when shooting down at Agarita Ranch in Lockhart Texas.  Did not know his military service info until clicking on the link.  Would have loved to see his WWI military collection.  RIP Chuck  :FlagAm:

Scout

Delta Raider (Chuck Leshikar) passed away from a sudden heart attack last week. Chuck was a decorated Vietnam veteran. An impressive account of his experiences in Vietnam can be found at http://toddshistory.com/?p=792

Chuck WAS the Plum Creek Shooting Society when it began shooting at his creation, the Agarita Ranch. He handled it all for years until 2012, when he asked some of us to form a club to take over the duties that he had overseen. Along with his wife Nancy (Kitchen Kate), Chuck put together a venue that provided us with lasting fond memories of the times and the people we met because they created the Plum Creek Shooting Society. We will pass along details on the arrangements when we have more info.

I was working in a cowboy gunshop in the early 2000's.  Chuck would come in once in a while.  One time, he said he was wanting to build a CAS club on his land, and we say ok, yeah that's cool.  Well about a year later he comes in with a flyer and says he is going to have the first shoot.  I scanned the flyer and emailed it to local groups.  I went out there on the match day, and honestly, I'm expecting to see some clearing in the mesquite with a few corral-type fences set up as stages, possibly a storefront at the most.  Driving onto the property you are winding down the dirt road through the mesquite and suddenly this 2-story hotel comes into view,  with another building or two next to it.  It's already a little town, and well-done!  Functional hotel, too!  Anyway, that big surprise was the first visit and it showed that he really had the passion.  R.I.P. Chuck, and prayers for the family.

Thank you for your service Delta Raider. Rest In Peace. 

Archived