SASS Wire Forum

WITHDRAWN: converted Uberti Wells Fargo 1849 Pocket .32 S&W

LQ Jones

A buddy of mine out in New Mexico converted this for me a ways back. it originally had the ill-fated Kirst conversion that kept breaking firing pins and finally the recoil shield broke.

He machined a new shield with locator tab & solid firing pin, and also Incorporated a Richard's Mason type rear sight on the shield. Hammer was flattened and hardened.

Cylinder has safe notches between the chambers. Gun is reloaded by pushing out the wedge & removing the cylinder, or poking the empties out through the loading cut. It is .32 S&W. Still have the original CB cylinder also, but it will not function with the hammer modification.

Just a fun little pocket pistol - withdrawn pending clarification.

Thanks for looking.

LQ

IMG_20210109_200424847.jpg

IMG_20210109_200733297.jpg

IMG_20210109_200802060.jpg

IMG_20210109_200833899.jpg

Whoever buys this, I have a nice Full Flap holster that would work well with this. My '47 is inside(not for sale), you can just barely see the Ivory grip inside. C'mon, buy both, ya know you want to!

Bearpaw holster.JPG

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

After the mod to the hammer, does it still work with the c&b cylinder?  

and, is this still available?

No, it will not work with the CB cylinder. Yes, still available.

LQ

LQ Jones,

I don't have my books anymore, but someone has "Manufactured" a Firearm without a license.  It is legal for you to do so, for yourself, bot NOT for sale.  I strongly suggest you check with your local FFL to see if you can sell or ship it.  The recoil shield modified for cartridge, makes it a "Firearm" in the books I had.  It has also been modified in such a way as not to be a Percussion revolver.  BATFE does NOT have a sense of humor and do not take prisoners.

I would think on the idea a bit first.  Just taking the Cart. cylinder out might not be enough for this particular conversion.  It would not work for transferring , say one of your modern Smith and Wesson revolvers!  Your gun could be called remanufactured??  Just be carful, we do not want any of our own to get in any trouble.

2 hours ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

I would think on the idea a bit first.  Just taking the Cart. cylinder out might not be enough for this particular conversion.  It would not work for transferring , say one of your modern Smith and Wesson revolvers!  Your gun could be called remanufactured??  Just be carful, we do not want any of our own to get in any trouble.

I'll reach out to my local alphabet guy & see what he says. Thanks all.

LQ

• LQ Jones changed the title to WITHDRAWN: converted Uberti Wells Fargo 1849 Pocket .32 S&W

Archived