SASS Wire Forum

Moving on!

Lawdog Dago Dom

Well, we did it!

Bought a house just outside Bolivar, Missouri.

Closing in January and out of Illinois!

Thanks to J-Bar, Smoken D, Fingers McGee, Lady Fingers, and Louise McCullough for their kindness and patience for a bunch of questions over the last couple of years.

Looking forward to meeting new pards around our new place, but will still venture back to Illinois for a match now and then.

Once we get settled in, the coffee will always be on, the beer cold, the whiskey smooth, and Shortcake will be, uh, Shortcake.

See ya on down the trail! (sorry Santee)

Congrats on escaping! You're gonna love it!

Congratulations on leaving Communist Illinois!   I did 19 years ago and only go back to visit family once a year.

Posse with you and shortcake in Iowa would like to welcome you to the area . Several clubs in the area look forward to shooting with you 2 in the near future

congrats , im looking to get out of communist/taxation minnesota but dont want to loose my 2nd right in the process , ill be doing some looking in the next year , 

i do question why we stay where we are not welcome - then my wife reminds me of our grandkids - sometimes we make sacrifices for those we love , not a permanent situation , 

34 minutes ago, Wicker Nash said:

Both of you will be sorely missed!  You will always be beloved members of our Cowboy family!   I hope you enjoy the freedoms of your new state. 

Thank you Wicker!

That's the downside. Illinois gets a bad rap from having no leadership in government. But the cowboy family in Illinois, (and you folks in Iowa) have been nothing but good and kind souls to us. From our first match in Chillicothe with Rugers that were literally right out of the box, a borrowed rifle, and a SxS with a length of pull Shortcake struggled with to reach the triggers with. We now have had our weapons tuned and properly fitted.

And still miss targets!

We don't mind the targets we missed as much as the good folks that guided and helped us on those Sunday morning that we already miss.

What we lacked in marksmanship was made up by the good company of good people like you and so many others that shared advice and a good laugh with us.

Appreciate your kind words, sir.

19 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Congrats! Now you can shoot at Southern Missouri Rangers, a fine club. Although a bit longer drive, we'd love to have you visit us at Powder Creek Cowboys.

Or come a little more South and shoot with the Ozark Posse.

Congrats Now you can shoot with some great pards in my home state. Never shot cowboy there, been in Tennessee for 50 years. Oh, by the way , it is only about 400 miles to Wartrace now, so come on down. And drag some of the others with you.

Imis

Archived