SASS Wire Forum

Brain Fade

Joke 'um

A few weeks ago I punched the start button on the coffee maker and then sat down to check my email.  A few minutes later I  thought that the coffee maker was unusually quiet.  Checked it.  I had put the grounds in the basket, had put the full carafe of water on the heater rather than pouring it into the maker. 

I have been doing something new. If I unload groceries I make it a point to go make sure the trunk is closed. I have also been checking that I have closed the garage door even though I know I closed it. I double check the front door locks. 

Because, I am getting more absent minded. More than normal. I think it’s more like I have a lot more on my mind so I get distracted more easily. 

Last week I left my garage door open. I was getting ready for bed and something told me to check. Duh...

I left the trunk open on my car. I pushed the “Lock” button on my fob and I didn’t hear the familiar horn beep and when I looked I found the truck standing open. 
I left the front door unlocked last week overnight. 

This is totally not the way I do things. So I am self consciously making sure I double check things. 

Hell, I missed two meetings this week with my boss’ boss’ boss. Which might not be a bad thing...

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A few weeks ago I punched the start button on the coffee maker and then sat down to check my email.  A few minutes later I  thought that the coffee maker was unusually quiet.  Checked it.  I had put the grounds in the basket, had put the full carafe of water on the heater rather than pouring it into the maker. 

BTDT myself.

Last weekend was my wife's turn to make breakfast. She got up early and carefully poured a carafe of cold water into the coffee maker and punched the button. I got out of the shower expecting the wonderful aroma of brewing coffee..... nothing. Checked the machine and had a perfectly filled carafe of boiling hot water, no grounds had been harmed in the making of that pot of coffee.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I was trying to think of a word a while ago.

Turns out it was ..........  

VOCABULARY!!

its the cabin fever from the covid incarceration and we have only to look at the ongoing government overreach to place blame  - im good with that for now , long as restarting my coffee keeps working as it has - i need my coffee 

I lock my doors when I'm ready to settle down for the night. I wind up checking the side door at least twice knowing FULL WELL I locked it! Oh well can't be too safe huh? I just hope one of these times I don't unlock the darn thing:P

When you're old your memory is the second thing you lose!!!!!

I don't remember what the first thing is....

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have been doing something new. If I unload groceries I make it a point to go make sure the trunk is closed. I have also been checking that I have closed the garage door even though I know I closed it. I double check the front door locks. 

Because, I am getting more absent minded. More than normal. I think it’s more like I have a lot more on my mind so I get distracted more easily. 

Last week I left my garage door open. I was getting ready for bed and something told me to check. Duh...

I left the trunk open on my car. I pushed the “Lock” button on my fob and I didn’t hear the familiar horn beep and when I looked I found the truck standing open. 

This is totally not the way I do things. So I am self consciously making sure I double check things. 

Hell, I missed two meetings this week with my boss’ boss’ boss. Which might not be a bad thing...

Might not be a bad thing Pat. You could wrangle an early retirement on medical grounds!!

14 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Might not be a bad thing Pat. You could wrangle an early retirement on medical grounds!!

Probably not...he’s as absentminded as I am and he knows it. He told me not to worry about it. :lol:

I reckon the previous comment about how much we've got going on is a factor.

One of the fellows at work said "I forgot to do this or whatever it was, then he did it, and I said no, you forgot nothing, you just now remembered it -- you're doing fine, trust me -- if you consider the tens of thousands of individual decisions we have to make in one day's time, and the hundreds of thousands of bits of information we have to process in one day -- why, one slip like that is not to be worried about!

On 12/19/2020 at 1:20 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I'm seeing a fair amount of what you describe in my team members.  I think it's fatigue from working under these odd conditions.

1 hour ago, Ozark Shark said:

I'm seeing a fair amount of what you describe in my team members.  I think it's fatigue from working under these odd conditions.

That could very well be. I am seeing it at my work as well. 

Archived