SASS Wire Forum

Arkansas and SASS Lost a Great One

Arkansas Harper SASS #33169

It is with heavy heart that I have to report the passing of Ozark Outlaw.  

I tried to say more about Outlaw, but sadness and grief prevent me from giving this man the praise that he so richly deserves.

Arkansas Harper 33069

Such a a sorrowful read this morning.  Such a fine fellow to posse with and just to be around.  Condolences to Red, Pineywoods Jim, Miss Em,  all the family, and many, many friends, and, may  God comfort you.

Billy & Sassy

Certainly a great loss!!  Condolences to the family!!  We'll miss him!!

Grief upon grief. So sorry to hear.

I just moved here and am joining this bunch next month. So sorry to have not gotten to meet him. Prayers for his family.

He was one of the good ones.  What a fun guy and a genuine pleasure to shoot the bull with!  I'd always hoped he and his evil minions would show up in my neck of the woods, so's I could try and return the hospitality and pleasure they showed us when in Texas.  This year has really sucked.

Rest in peace ya old coot.

Truly sad news.  Prayers up for Ozark Red, the family and the Outlaw Camp family.

He welcomed me with open arms years ago the first time I went to the Outlaw Camp. Will miss him Greatly..

Prayers to Red and the family....

Faygo Kid and Eleanor Jewel

Thanks for posting this Harper.  I am still devastated by this.  I talked with him several times while he was ill with this horrible virus, trying to keep his spirits up and keep on fighting.  One day he didn't answer.  I knew that  was not a good sign.  He was married to my cousin, Red, so I always called him "my cousin in law" .  Our friendship went back over 50 years.  We fished together, camped together, shot together many, many times, spent time in the New Mexico mountains and on and on. He was a premiere ambassador for SASS.  He held shoots at his farm, Outlaw Camp, two or three times each month.  His members all pitched in and made the club a real pleasure for anyone to shoot. I already miss him terribly.  RIP my good ole friend.

2 hours ago, Pineywoods Jim,SASS#56822 said:

Thanks for posting this Harper.  I am still devastated by this.  I talked with him several times while he was ill with this horrible virus, trying to keep his spirits up and keep on fighting.  One day he didn't answer.  I knew that  was not a good sign.  He was married to my cousin, Red, so I always called him "my cousin in law" .  Our friendship went back over 50 years.  We fished together, camped together, shot together many, many times, spent time in the New Mexico mountains and on and on. He was a premiere ambassador for SASS.  He held shoots at his farm, Outlaw Camp, two or three times each month.  His members all pitched in and made the club a real pleasure for anyone to shoot. I already miss him terribly.  RIP my good ole friend.

Jim ,thru my many conversations with Cleon it feels like I know you ,he talked about you a lot, we will definitely miss "DOC"

Ozark Outlaw was a true friend to me, 

I will miss him immensely!

He invited Dew R  Dye , Mr Black & I into his 

club with Open arms and fully supported us in every way when we Driven out of our club in Memphis ! 
he was truly rare in the world of cowboy action shooting to know him was to love and like him! 

Archived