SASS Wire Forum

Now, where did THAT come from??

Back in the '80s, a giant ship anchor was ordered erroneously and delivered to Fort Carson (metro Colorado Springs).
It was far too expensive to return, and to the best of my knowledge it remains there today.

If the seller wants it back, he can arrange a UPS home pickup and label.

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I was driving through my neighborhood about 8pm headed home in my patrol car when I was suddenly lit up by a laser. I slammed on the brakes and backed up to the driveway of the house it had apparently come from. As I got out of the car I spotted two kids running back in the house. I walked up and banged on the door and an 8 year old voice trying to sound deep said, “Nobody’s home”. 
The clever ruse failed to fool my highly trained police mind and I continued to knock. The door opened and I explained to a confused gentleman what had happened and how it was a bad thing. As his face reddened he thanked me and said he would take care of it. The sounds I heard emanating from the house reminded me of the time Ralphie’s mom made the phone call after he blamed his friend for teaching him the F word.

That undoubtedly is one of the three funniest things I've ever seen on the Wire.  :lol:

On 12/18/2020 at 2:53 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So in today's mail was a small parcel, address to me, from some outfit called "MY Sports Goods," in Fremont, California.

Naturally curious and expecting it to be something I'd ordered from Amazon, I opened it.

Nope.  

Inside was black box containing a laser boresight!  

I did NOT order this thing... checked with my son; nope.  Asked some friends... huh uh.

Elves...?  :huh:

1697869292_BoreSighter.jpg.c32a073c283a251e0614752bf98b2671.jpg

Just tell the wife you are sticking with that story.:rolleyes:

Archived