SASS Wire Forum

Now, where did THAT come from??

So in today's mail was a small parcel, address to me, from some outfit called "MY Sports Goods," in Fremont, California.

Naturally curious and expecting it to be something I'd ordered from Amazon, I opened it.

Nope.  

Inside was black box containing a laser boresight!  

I did NOT order this thing... checked with my son; nope.  Asked some friends... huh uh.

Elves...?  :huh:

1697869292_BoreSighter.jpg.c32a073c283a251e0614752bf98b2671.jpg

11 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Check mail to address and name. Rare occasion but sometimes mail gets miss del:Pivered 

That happens a LOT in these parts.

And I did. It's me, all righty!  ^_^

I doubt there's anyone else in this neighborhood who would have the slightesr idea what it is.  :rolleyes:

Weird, indeed!  A couple years back the wife received two large boxes from Overstock.com, each containing a queen sized comforter with a list price of over $100 each.  Addressed to her, but we never ordered them, Contacted sons, and friends that might, but nope, no one ordered them. Talked to Overstock, they said the things were ordered and paid for through PayPal so they had no interest in what happened. So we waited a couple months, no money was taken from our bank account, no bills came in the mail, so we said screw it, opened the boxes and used them.

Interesting. 

Years ago a fishing raft showed up at my house in a box that was 5’x3’x1.5’. It was a 9’ long heavy duty fishing raft with pump, paddles and accessories. It took me a month to find out that Marlboro had sent it to me. It was a sweepstakes gift. 

Maybe you entered a contest?

Small cheap items get delivered and the business posts a positive customer review on the various social media websites under your name.

If you protest they can point to your 'purchase' as proof you bought the item.

One possibility 

Hardpan,

its possible that a friend(s) is trying to tell you something about your shooting accuracy..... :lol:

Kinda like getting a bottle of mouthwash from a secret admirer..... :o

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So in today's mail was a small parcel, address to me, from some outfit called "MY Sports Goods," in Fremont, California.

Naturally curious and expecting it to be something I'd ordered from Amazon, I opened it.

Nope.  

Inside was black box containing a laser boresight!  

I did NOT order this thing... checked with my son; nope.  Asked some friends... huh uh.

Elves...?  :huh:

1697869292_BoreSighter.jpg.c32a073c283a251e0614752bf98b2671.jpg

That's mine, send it on! ;)

Today, Amazon brought me a 9mm Lee Bulge Buster and FCD. When I ordered, they said delivery would be  first week of January. Free shipping too. Santa lives!

Midway was out of stock on them and said no back orders. Amazon might be anti-gun, but they sell a lot of reloading and maintenance items. Check them out next time your favorite supplier is out of stock. 

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

That unit is $26.99 on Amazon; funny how they are breathlessly anti-gun, but more than willing to sell gear that makes guns more accurate......

Hey, smile and use it; if you didn't order it, it's free......

LL

Yup... that's where I got the picture.  

Mystery solved!

Reviewing my Amazon orders for the past three weeks, taking inventory of what I have and have not received and matching tracking numbers, I figured it out.

One thing was missing; literally, a shooting-related, $7 stocking-stuffer trinket.  Evidently they sent the wrong thing!  :)

So now what? 

Well, it's a slow morning, so just for poops and snickers I decided to call Amazon.  Now, if you've never called Amazon, my recommendation would be to avoid the experience - that's one rabbit hole best avoided!  

Actually, it was kind of amusing ~ trying to explain to "Royce" what I had received.  Imagine, if you will, a heavily Indian accented voice on the telephone saying "Ah yes, a 'bore sighter.'  That is to find the wild boar, yes??  It is like a swine, yes?"  

Uh... so I explained again, carefully.

"Ah... I will have to contact the shipper and they will send you a return authorization and ship the correct item.  Then you can return the boar sighter."

Time to really mess with the lad!

"But what if I like the 'boar finder' and decide I'd like to keep it?  Ya know, it's not a high quality item, but I might be able to use it..."

The poor fella was soooo confused and flustered.

"Uh... Sir... Maybe you can again order the product you wished and then buy the boar finder.  No... wait... Maybe... What is the price of the product?  What is the price of the swine locator?  Uh... I will send a message to the shipper and we will call you back in maybe two days..."  :lol:

It's not what I would call a state-of-the-art device.  Not something I would have rushed right out and purchased.  But it seems to be functional.  Ironically, just last weekend Sassparilla Kid and I had been talking about the things.  He'd bought a .223 chamber-type laser, but was totally dissatisfied with it.  "Dad - you can spin it in the chamber and watch the laser dot make a big circle on the wall... it's a piece of junk.  The muzzle insert types are much better."

Heck... this was much more fun when it was a mystery.  ^_^

1912686205_20201218_102749(2).thumb.jpg.5ac95058589f7a5412dca8769a947cd8.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Yup... that's where I got the picture.  

Mystery solved!

Reviewing my Amazon orders for the past three weeks, taking inventory of what I have and have not received and matching tracking numbers, I figured it out.

One thing was missing; literally, a shooting-related, $7 stocking-stuffer trinket.  Evidently they sent the wrong thing!  :)

So now what? 

Well, it's a slow morning, so just for poops and snickers I decided to call Amazon.  Now, if you've never called Amazon, my recommendation would be to avoid the experience - that's one rabbit hole best avoided!  

Actually, it was kind of amusing ~ trying to explain to "Royce" what I had received.  Imagine, if you will, a heavily Indian accented voice on the telephone saying "Ah yes, a 'bore sighter.'  That is to find the wild boar, yes??  It is like a swine, yes?"  

Uh... so I explained again, carefully.

"Ah... I will have to contact the shipper and they will send you a return authorization and ship the correct item.  Then you can return the boar sighter."

Time to really mess with the lad!

"But what if I like the 'boar finder' and decide I'd like to keep it?  Ya know, it's not a high quality item, but I might be able to use it..."

The poor fella was soooo confused and flustered.

"Uh... Sir... Maybe you can again order the product you wished and then buy the boar finder.  No... wait... Maybe... What is the price of the product?  What is the price of the swine locator?  Uh... I will send a message to the shipper and we will call you back in maybe two days..."  :lol:

It's not what I would call a state-of-the-art device.  Not something I would have rushed right out and purchased.  But it seems to be functional.  Ironically, just last weekend Sassparilla Kid and I had been talking about the things.  He'd bought a .223 chamber-type laser, but was totally dissatisfied with it.  "Dad - you can spin it in the chamber and watch the laser dot make a big circle on the wall... it's a piece of junk.  The muzzle insert types are much better."

Heck... this was much more fun when it was a mystery.  ^_^

1912686205_20201218_102749(2).thumb.jpg.5ac95058589f7a5412dca8769a947cd8.jpg

Well, if you are looking for fun things to do after Christmas, keep it,  and point it at airplanes flying over. When the LEOs show up, give them a fun story. Or maybe NOT! 

Just got an email from MY Field Sporting Goods LLC :

"Sorry about this mistake. Please return it."   

:(

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

BTW I find it much easier to talk to Amazon using their live chat feature. Speaking with a live human who lives on the other side of the planet can be a real exercise in frustration.

I'd hoped to do that, but couldn't find it.  Just a list of "situations" to click on that all seemed to lead deeper down that rabbit hole.  :huh:

53 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"Sorry about this mistake. Please return it."

"But, I haven't received anything from you.  By the way, where is the item I ordered?"

I have never had to call Amazon, luckily.  In the event of a problem, I go back into my orders are report it there.  Usually they send a shipping tag.  Occasionally, they have refunded me and then told me to keep the item anyway.  

15 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

I’ve actually had pretty good experiences calling Amazon.  Generally fast to pick up, and instantly taken care of all my problems.  I usually come out ahead on any screw ups, they are generous.

Um... I had the distinct impression that this fella - no matter what continent he lived on - wasn't quite tuned in to the process.  Probably a temporary "holiday hire."  :wacko:

Well, at least you got something useful!

Doorbell rang today (Sunday) and the delivery service dropped off a very small plastic envelope, addressed to me, containing one (1) set of small child's underwear briefs.

Nothing I or anyone in the house ordered and nothing on order that may have been mistakenly shipped.

17 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well, at least you got something useful!

Doorbell rang today (Sunday) and the delivery service dropped off a very small plastic envelope, addressed to me, containing one (1) set of small child's underwear briefs.

Nothing I or anyone in the house ordered and nothing on order that may have been mistakenly shipped.

Oooo....  I thought snorting coffee was painful - try eggnog~!!  :lol:

Okay, I'm happy with my wrong delivery - and it's a heck of a lot better than the morning last year when I got up and discovered that someone had delivered three goats during the night!  :huh:

63747515_Goats3.thumb.jpg.f4d3c043d8f21a6f6a8842524d16beab.jpg

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

was that "on the third day of Christmas " ?

....... three goats a staring ....

;)

Well... I  wasn't staring back~!  hypnotized.gif

Umm...maybe I am weird, but I would keep the bore sighter just to keep that cool looking screwdriver in the kit. 

Yeah, no maybe about it. I am weird. :D

I have been really lucky the few times I have called Amazon. I usually speak to a young lady without an accent. The last time I did get a guy with an Indian accent. He said he was located in California. He didn’t say where in California. 

I don't recall who it was, but the young lady at customer service had an extremely heavy Spanish accent. And finally I told her, "Ma'am, I'm sorry but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding you. Is there someone else I can speak to?"

She said she would transfer me to her supervisor. He had an extremely heavy Chinese accent.:wacko:

I've been getting "Bowhunter" magazine for about 15 years now and never subscribed! I know my friends haven't sent it because I'm not an archery guy. No expiration date on the label either. Huh!

On 12/18/2020 at 2:00 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Well, if you are looking for fun things to do after Christmas, keep it,  and point it at airplanes flying over. When the LEOs show up, give them a fun story. Or maybe NOT! 

I was driving through my neighborhood about 8pm headed home in my patrol car when I was suddenly lit up by a laser. I slammed on the brakes and backed up to the driveway of the house it had apparently come from. As I got out of the car I spotted two kids running back in the house. I walked up and banged on the door and an 8 year old voice trying to sound deep said, “Nobody’s home”. 
The clever ruse failed to fool my highly trained police mind an I continued to knock. The door opened and I explained to a confused gentleman what had happened and how it was a bad thing. As his face reddened he thanked me and said he would take care of it. The sounds I heard emanating from the house reminded me of the time Ralphie’s mom made the phone call after he blamed his friend for teaching him the F word.

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Oooo....  I thought snorting coffee was painful - try eggnog~!!  :lol:

Okay, I'm happy with my wrong delivery - and it's a heck of a lot better than the morning last year when I got up and discovered that someone had delivered three goats during the night!  :huh:

63747515_Goats3.thumb.jpg.f4d3c043d8f21a6f6a8842524d16beab.jpg

With your posts exceeding 5000, there should have been 5 goats, not three.

(It's a CanadianGunNutz thing; you get a goat for each 1000 posts. Yean OK, sometimes we're a little weird)

Archived