SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Request for My MIL

South-Eye Ned

My mother-in-law, Charlotte, is 88 and appears to be nearing the end.  Her kidneys are shutting down, she has an aneurysm that is inoperable, and is now refusing to eat.  Her nursing home is preparing to move her to a hospice.

A good many of you are the praying sort, and I am grateful for your prayers for the comfort of a sweet, little lady in Ohio.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would provide an update.  My MIL passed away on Christmas Eve.  My wife and I flew up to Columbus the next day to make the arrangements.  Because of COVID only about 10 showed up for the funeral, which helped my wife cope.  Most of those who came were her niece and nephews whom she virtually raised.  Thankfully, my own brothers, nieces and nephews came through with flowers or planted a tree.

Thanks to those who offered prayers for her comfort.  She did pass without pain.  My wife is mourning, of course, but is handling it well under the circumstances.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servant who has fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has  been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give her rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number her among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make her memory to be eternal!

Prayers up from here!!

My hand on your shoulder, my friend.

Sounds like she was a real sweetheart.

I'd like to have known her.

Jiminy. All such kind words.  I’ll pass them on to my wife.  Thanks all.

Archived