SASS Wire Forum

USPS....Patience IS Highly Recommended

Cypress Sun

As most everyone know, the USPS is running slower than normal....surprise, surprise<_< Anyway, expect delays in receiving anything that was shipped USPS. I mailed some brass first thing in the morning on 12/09 to Kentucky. Mailed it Priority Mail/2 day....still hasn't arrived at it's final destination as of today 12/17.

Just letting ya'll know. Patience is a virgin....or something like that.

Hellbender sent me some items on December 4, it says it is out for delivery today.   
other items got to the main office (Detroit) and have left there for my local to deliver for 4 days now.   
I suggest you register for Informed Delivery so you can at least see where it was last before it was lost...   

Same here.

Sent four USPS packages, Priority Mail recently.

Two arrived in 2 days, 2 took a week. AND one of the 2 late arrivals was going to the same address as another that arrived on time.

They all got there though.

Same. Sent a pistol via an FFL on December 1st. Still shows that it is in our local PO. We called the PO and they said it left and will get there but COVID and the Holidays have everything going slow. I ordered parts from Amazon and they shipped on Nov 23rd. They arrived 12/15. I ordered parts and powder from Midway and they came in two days via UPS. 

I'm still waiting for a package that was to be delivered August 25!

Sawmill Mary had a package to be delivered by USPS yesterday.  Then this morning it said it was revealed at regional center.  

UPS is using U-haul truck and apparently temp drivers in our area.  I had a pistol come back from Spring Creek Armory last week.   Heard something.  Went to door and nothing there.  Checked tracking and it said "delivery attempted will try next business day".  Sent text to Sawmill Mary to watch for him on way home.  She spotted a guy in Brown coming out of a house and locked him in.  She asked for her package.  He handed it over without showing I.D. or getting a signature.   I checked trail cam and found he came down 10:13 and back out 10:14.  The cam was 200 yards from the house.   He only had time to turn around and leave. 

We sent out 3 identical packages Priority on 12/7 to the same area in Conn., one got there in 4 days, one in a week and the other is "still in transit". Wouldn't you think they would have stayed together like puppies?

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

As most everyone know, the USPS is running slower than normal....surprise, surprise<_< Anyway, expect delays in receiving anything that was shipped USPS. I mailed some brass first thing in the morning on 12/09 to Kentucky. Mailed it Priority Mail/2 day....still hasn't arrived at it's final destination as of today 12/17.

Just letting ya'll know. Patience is a virgin....or something like that.

Same here. 
sent priority mail with USPS mo on December 9 to pay for a purchase. Left our distribution center at 6 pm that day and that was the last tracking info as of this morning (December 17). I am praying for patience on the part of the seller and the quick arrival of our agreed on price. 
very frustrating 
Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Yeah Dillon sent me a replacement screw over a week ago still waiting my mailman told me they are slammed. I am not worried just waiting not going to stop me from reloading either way.

Yep.  I mailed a "2 day priority" package from Louisiana to Michigan on Dec 4 and it was just delivered a few minutes ago (today is Dec 17).  Not Dead Ed - its at your front door right now!

Hellbender

A package from the other coast "disappeared" on the 7th, and "reappeared" last night, delivered to me today.

Sent off two packages today, both priority mail, which should be delivered Monday, but "might take an extra four days" according to she who must not be ratted out for telling it like it is at the post office.

My item sat for 16 days in Phoenix. Now it's moving again. 16 days...

I'm waiting for a box of bullets that was sent out November 23rd that was supposed to be delivered the 2nd.  We filed an inquiry with USPS.  We'll see what happens there.

Red Wolf

Yep.....been taking about 10 days for 2-3 day priority mail.....one of my packages came destroyed and taped back together by USPS.......THEY ARE SLAMMED RIGHT NOW!!

Same story here.

Package hasn’t arrived and last known location in tracking was November 10th in Utah. 
On the 14th of November an update simply stated it was still on the way but would arrive later than expected.

No further updates as of today.Considering this one is a loss at this point.

I’ve got a new set of sharpening stones that took 2 days to get across the country and have been sitting in Phoenix for the past 8, waiting for delivery. New makers mark shipped on Monday from SC and is still sitting at the first post office on that end. 

7 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Same story here.

Package hasn’t arrived and last known location in tracking was November 10th in Utah. 
On the 14th of November an update simply stated it was still on the way but would arrive later than expected.

No further updates as of today.Considering this one is a loss at this point.

To file a claim for insurance on it, I have to do it between 15 days late and 30 days.   That’s the window,  and the sender has to do it.  You can start a search, which I have discovered seems to shake the trees a bit.   

Yep. Sender has filed a claim.

Sadly, it was an item I purchased here on The Wire. Non replaceable just stands to get  whatever insured value may be.

Would much rather have the goods than a refund....

2 minutes ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Yep. Sender has filed a claim.

Sadly, it was an item I purchased here on The Wire. Non replaceable just stands to get  whatever insured value may be.

Would much rather have the goods than a refund....

Hopefully the filing will help shake it loose.    Right now I am tracking 4 packages that have been sitting for 4 days in the Detroit central orifice , yet an item from Hellbender that sat for 2 weeks in Baton Rouge raced past another item I bought later, but was in Detroit earlier....   go figger..

Archived