SASS Wire Forum

California Question lead bullets?

The Bearded Wonder

Thank you. 

I like that the coating appears clear. It’s my opinion that colorful bullets loaded into cartridges look like lipstick. :lol:

The polymer coated bullets I tried were purple. In nickel cases they looked like lipstick or Christmas ornaments. Cartridges shouldn’t look like lipstick.

My 2 cents. 
E1A9E193-016D-4257-853F-1CB3D6B20B29.jpeg.c6ed5bca318037b0fd9c061be672579e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I like the different colors. I can visually identify different loads. Especially BP loads from Smokeless

That's how I do it to, coated bullets are smokeless, if it's bare lead then it's Black.

6 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Good luck finding ANY popular size/shape mould right now.  I spent last weekend searching for moulds to fill in gaps in my inventory and had to settle for "notify when available".....

Ya, the industry is really backlogged right now. I have had molds on order with magma since June and I'm still waiting.

10 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Good luck finding ANY popular size/shape mould right now.  I spent last weekend searching for moulds to fill in gaps in my inventory and had to settle for "notify when available".....

4 hours ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

Ya, the industry is really backlogged right now. I have had molds on order with magma since June and I'm still waiting.

Have you tried LBT moulds or Accurate moulds?

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Have you tried LBT moulds or Accurate moulds?

I didn't try lbt but accurate had a pretty good lead time at the time of my order, magma got my order then they said that they received a bad lot of material for the molds and didn't know when they would receive a replacement shipment. I thought about cancelling but just stuck with it. I have several of there molds and they are top notch quality. I have three sets of 8 on order, and they first set should be delivered any day now.

Archived