SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: pair Cimarron 1860 Richards Type 2 conversions 8" .45 Colt

LQ Jones

As described above; no work done on them other than washers under the mainsprings to lighten them up a bit. Great condition, I've shot them a few times over the past year - no issues. Uberti's most accurate reproduction in my opinion. Correct boxes.

Kicking myself already, but I've got way too many guns as it is.

SOLD to the Ornery Oaf, thanks for looking.

LQ

IMG_20201216_194459798.jpg

IMG_20201216_194520527.jpg

IMG_20201216_194536580.jpg

IMG_20201216_194557621.jpg

IMG_20201216_194633204.jpg

23 hours ago, LQ Jones said:

Uberti's most accurate reproduction in my opinion. 

Kicking myself already, but I've got way too many guns as it is.

LQ

IMG_20201216_194459798.jpg

They are amazingly accurate. 

I've sold a pair of Rugers and a rifle and I haven't really felt the pain yet.

Good luck, LQ.

Howdy LQ, just FYI those are not Richards-Masons, they are Type II Richards (or Richards Transitional).  Of course, that's what the labels say but perhaps you thought they were the same thing.  The 1860 Richards-Masons have a differently shaped barrel and full length ejector housing, and IMO are not quite as sexy looking as these.

11 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Howdy LQ, just FYI those are not Richards-Masons, they are Type II Richards (or Richards Transitional).  Of course, that's what the labels say but perhaps you thought they were the same thing.  The 1860 Richards-Masons have a differently shaped barrel and full length ejector housing, and IMO are not quite as sexy looking as these.

I've also heard them called C. Masons. But these are the sexiest ones by far. I think the Type 1s had the rear sight & firing pin on the recoil shield?

IMG_20201220_091210775.jpg

IMG_20201220_091222811.jpg

IMG_20201220_091243401.jpg

3 hours ago, Dirty Dutch Brody said:

So wish I had the gold for these....

You and me both! I’ve wanted them since the last time he considered selling them.

Timing just hasn’t been right for me to swing it.

TTT again.

Someone please buy these.....if they were 44 they would be sold, but damn they are sweet and tempting as hell, I got plenty of 45 colt loaded with the holy black ready to go...

4 hours ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Someone please buy these.....if they were 44 they would be sold, but damn they are sweet and tempting as hell, I got plenty of 45 colt loaded with the holy black ready to go...

can't beat the open tops for BP - accurate & easy to clean. these do have the gas ring cylinders. I do have a pair of '71 Open Top 5 1/2s in .45 I'm thinking about putting up also.

I shoot the 72 open tops, mine were converted to 44-40, I also got a 44 spl open top im looking for a mate...but this set of 45 colts are beautiful. Im hoping someone buys these so I wont

LQ I'm not giving up yet, no promises, as cash is harder to come by than a kiss from the old lady but I will try begging again the first o the week so the rest of you guys just keep on dragging yore feet and I will show yall a trick.   Im shore if I get the boot old LQ will fix up the couch for me!!!!!   OH, and I like my Coors Lite kept at just abuv freezing.  ;)

48 minutes ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

LQ I'm not giving up yet, no promises, as cash is harder to come by than a kiss from the old lady but I will try begging again the first o the week so the rest of you guys just keep on dragging yore feet and I will show yall a trick.   Im shore if I get the boot old LQ will fix up the couch for me!!!!!   OH, and I like my Coors Lite kept at just abuv freezing.  ;)

it's a good thing because it's been just above freezing here lately. and there is a couch here somewhere - buried under guns and guitars !!!

LQ

1 hour ago, ORNERY OAF said:

LQ,

I will take that beautiful brace of pistols!!!!!!! Couldn't hold out any longer. I will send you a pm with info and where I should send the gold dust.

SOLD to Ornery Oaf, thanks !!!

PM headed your way:FlagAm:

Archived