SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2021 Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

Be good to see you and Shanley Shooter too...hopefully I won't need your nursing skills this time...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus the good folks at Land Run have to have a date that works with the Cowboy hall of fame for the banquet. This is my first LR, but I’ve heard great things about it 

2 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

I can promise you will not be disappointed.

Fox

I can’t wait! 

Hello all,

Shooters must really like being able to register on line because Mae and I entered another 15 shooters today, with no mail service. We now have 285 paid with 20 waiting to pay. I think we will have a full house. April 7th is cutoff unless we reach 420 before the cutoff date.

Flat Top

Hi Everyone,

Just an RV update. All of the spaces with power and water at the Cowboy Range and Shotgun Fields are gone. We still have dry camping spaces and, as of yesterday, we had three spots with power and water at the main clubhouse.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

4 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Everyone,

Just an RV update. All of the spaces with power and water at the Cowboy Range and Shotgun Fields are gone. We still have dry camping spaces and, as of yesterday, we had three spots with power and water at the main clubhouse.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

We best get to dry camp pretty early...I want my spot in the back!!!:)

I like looking out at all those trees in the morning!!!

Hello All,

Mae and I entered applications this evening. Everyone who registered on line or mailed their entry should have received notification. We have 328 paid registered shooters and about 20 waiting to pay. Please remember that we must close entries at 420 shooters and we must order category specific buckles one week from today. Only the categories that have a sufficient number of shooters by February 1st will show their category on the buckle Example (Classic Cowboy Champion). Categories that reach minimum after February 1st will read "Category Champion". We have several categories that are close so please send your entry as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

Flat Top

Hello Everyone,

All campsites with power and water are now taken. We received 7 more applications today and we will enter applications tomorrow. The 11:00 warmup match on April 22nd is full. We will contact any shooters who entered a category that did not reach the minimum, to allow them to change categories, beginning Friday. Remember, we need to order category specific buckles February 1st. Any categories that reach the minimum after February 1st will say "Category Champion" rather than show specific category.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

Hi All,

Todays applications are entered and confirmation e-mails sent. We now have 348 paid entries with about 15 waiting to pay and we are still almost three months from the match. At this rate we will probably reach our maximum and be forced to close entries in the next month. Thanks to all of you who have supported us. We will have the biggest and I hope the best Land Run ever.

Flat Top

PS: Based on the number of states represented, I believe a lot of shooters want to try our range before the 2022 National Championship.

Hello Everyone,

All applicants, that we have received, should have received their confirmation e-mail. We now have 370 paid registrations with 8 waiting to pay. This getting dangerously close to our cutoff of 420. Camping spots with power and water are all taken and vendor spots are filling up. If you are planning to attend, please send your application as soon as possible. On another note, we have started tree removal and road widening to have more room for vendors and shooters for 2022. The range will look a little different when you see it.

Thanks,

Flat Top    

Hello All,

With 2 and 1/2 months until Land Run, we have 380 paid shooters with 10 waiting to pay. That means we are more than 90% full. Remember, our maximum is 420. Any shooters wishing to enter after we reach 420 will be placed on a waiting list. Please send your entry as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

Flat Top 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:56 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Isn’t April when Land Run has always been scheduled?

Legends and Land Run were always back to back shoots...dates got changed and now Land Run is same week as Legends. I used to drive like crazy between the two shoots for shooting/vending. It was awesome because I could get to 2 regionals in 2 weeks.

Hello Everyone

We only have twenty spots left for shooters. After we reach 420, we will close entries and place folks on a waiting list to replace shooters who cancel. Thanks for your overwhelming support.

Flat Top 

Working on my packing list for my first ever Land Run. Can’t wait!

for long range, what is typical ammo count? 

How is the 22 side match run? 1 revolver or 2? 

Hello Hoss,

Typically, you will need 10 rounds for each gun shot. This year single shot is approx. 250 yards and lever is 150 yards. The .22 side match is one pistol and rifle. See you in a couple of months.

Flat Top 

Y'all have a great Land Run, we are sure going to miss being there.

Love to all

Jack n Kat.

In the Aussie penal camp.:(

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

We have had a few cancellations so we have a few spots available. If you would like to attend, you must enter online by Saturday April 10th. The link is: premier-reg.com/landrunreg.php 

Thanks,

Flat Top

PS: We have 438 shooters at this time.  

Archived