SASS Wire Forum

Land Run 2021 Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

Hello Everyone,

The application for Land Run (April 21-24, 2021) is available here:     Land Run Registration Link  . There are new options available for you this year. Be sure to register early if you are planning to bring your RV as we expect to fill the 72 spaces with electricity and water very quickly. This is the first year that we have almost 100 entries before the application was posted. We look forward to seeing you all in April. If you have not shot at our range, and you plan to attend the 2022 SASS National Championship, this will be a great opportunity to check it out.  

Flat Top Okie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registered Monday.

working on entry now.  already looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Rusty Cuffs said:

All ready loading ammo for this Fine shoot!

and two new revolvers to shoot.;)

Carrying over my registration from last year. I couldn’t make the fall match. Looking forward to Land Run 21! 

App and entry fee going in the mail.  This will be my first time at Land Run but I have heard nothing but good things about it,. including from my pard and regular traveling mate Fast Eddie, and confirmed them watching numerous You Tube  videos.  Keep those targets big and close!  See you in April.  Cass

I am from Iowa, so Landrun isn't our regional, but when I first started shooting,  I was told you can't miss two matches each year.  One being Gunsmoke, which is our regional, the other being Landrun.  I always camp on the range and you couldn't ask for a better shooting experience.

Hello All,

I guess the on line entry system that Mae created is going to be very popular. We had fifty on line entries the first day. It will take a few days to get caught up, but she is working on it.

Thanks,

Flat Top

I think its really rude and thoughtless to schedule right on top of the region next door.  Basically you are saying screw you Four Corners Regional we don't like Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah anyway and can certainly do without your numbers.  It really makes me sad that the outfit that will host our National has that kind of an attitude and disregard for the guy next door.

This one is not in my region but I have been to Land Run 3 or so times. It is a great venue and I am looking forward to the National being held there. I am trying to get a few of my fellow Outlaws to come over and beat up on the Gunfighters if we can, OK the Senior Gunfighters. Those young punks make me feel my age.

Looks like we can leave Copperhead Joes place after the KY State on Monday, get there on Wednesday, then stay in OK City for a week or so after the match.

Okie, looking forward to seeing you and Mae again, it has been a few years.

Not this year but ok for 2022. Going to 4 Corners Reg & Lucerne Valley this year Both in April.

You all do put on a fantastic shoot so see yah in 2022.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, twelve mile REB said:

I think its really rude and thoughtless to schedule right on top of the region next door.  Basically you are saying screw you Four Corners Regional we don't like Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah anyway and can certainly do without your numbers.  It really makes me sad that the outfit that will host our National has that kind of an attitude and disregard for the guy next door.

Isn’t April when Land Run has always been scheduled?

On 12/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, twelve mile REB said:

22 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Isn’t April when Land Run has always been scheduled?

It hasn't been moved.  Mid to late April has been the normal time of the year for Land Run for at least the last 10 years, and likely longer.  The exact weekend is dependent upon the availability of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum for the banquet.

It is my understanding that it will move to October in 2022 when it becomes the host for the SASS National Championship.

54 minutes ago, Ozark Shark said:

It hasn't been moved.  Mid to late April has been the normal time of the year for Land Run for at least the last 10 years, and likely longer.  The exact weekend is dependent upon the availability of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum for the banquet.

It is my understanding that it will move to October in 2022 when it becomes the host for the SASS National Championship.

I really hope it's moved to a weekend adjacent to CaC, or CaC gets moved to a weekend adjacent to the NC.  If I'm going to drive 12 hours getting to shoot two major matches will be more enticing than only one.

35 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I really hope it's moved to a weekend adjacent to CaC, or CaC gets moved to a weekend adjacent to the NC.  If I'm going to drive 12 hours getting to shoot two major matches will be more enticing than only one.

Moving CaC off of it's current weekend will be the only way I get to shoot it at anytime in the foreseeable future, since it's currently scheduled over one of my home club's annual match that I help run.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, twelve mile REB said:

Rude and thoughtless, really? They have both been at the same time period. The OKC crew has to try and find the best time to have the match with regards to 5 other state matches, the National Championship and the World Championship. The October 2020 match was an anomaly based on CV19. Throwing out comments like yours is actually rude and VERY thoughtless with regards to a fine club. I guess I can counter claim that hosting the Four Corners on the same weekend as the SWR is rude and thoughtless, would not be a true statement but I guess that doesn't really matter though does it? Flat Top Okie, look forward to seeing you in April and the National Championship in 2022.

22 minutes ago, Big Iron Patnode SASS 60632 said:

Rude and thoughtless, really? They have both been at the same time period. The OKC crew has to try and find the best time to have the match with regards to 5 other state matches, the National Championship and the World Championship. The October 2020 match was an anomaly based on CV19. Throwing out comments like yours is actually rude and VERY thoughtless with regards to a fine club. I guess I can counter claim that hosting the Four Corners on the same weekend as the SWR is rude and thoughtless, would not be a true statement but I guess that doesn't really matter though does it? Flat Top Okie, look forward to seeing you in April and the National Championship in 2022.

Yes, really.  Is my comment rude?  Yes it is but it was not thoughtless.  Our numbers are dropping scheduling a match on top of another isn't rude its foolish.  We can have the chicken or the egg discussion but that will not solve the problem of not looking at other matches and scheduling to complement rather than compete.  OKC crew has the Nationals, great, now are they going to ignore others and just say we are more important than you so just deal with it.  Or are they going to consider the impact of the date on others.  When large matches that are a days drive from each other fail to consider each other we as a whole lose.  That sir was the purpose of my rudeness maybe just maybe we can start thinking about how scheduling effects others and our organization as a whole.      

2 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

Yes, really.  Is my comment rude?  Yes it is but it was not thoughtless.  Our numbers are dropping scheduling a match on top of another isn't rude its foolish.  We can have the chicken or the egg discussion but that will not solve the problem of not looking at other matches and scheduling to complement rather than compete.  OKC crew has the Nationals, great, now are they going to ignore others and just say we are more important than you so just deal with it.  Or are they going to consider the impact of the date on others.  When large matches that are a days drive from each other fail to consider each other we as a whole lose.  That sir was the purpose of my rudeness maybe just maybe we can start thinking about how scheduling effects others and our organization as a whole.      

It has absolutely nothing to do with "OKC crew has the Nationals, great, now are they going to ignore others and just say we are more important than you so just deal with it". They are having their match at the same time they have always had it. So I guess they should now take into consideration their 5 state matches, Nationals, World, the awards venue, the 4 state matches for your region, the 4 corners, then all the other regionals also so that they don't get offended. There is a reason this match draws 400 hundred shooters annually and often have to close it. If you are slighted because they had their match at the same time as 4 Corners, then your comment is rude and thoughtless as you do not give them credit for ensuring they provide another great match. Maybe 4 Corners could move theirs? I mean it can't be that difficult.

Do you all still have a couple of campsites on the range? We can always stay at the campground we use in OK City but would like to spend a few days on the range.

Hi Tombstone,

All of the campsites, with power and electricity, at the cowboy range are taken. We have RV sites at the main clubhouse with 50 amp and water. Call or e-mail me.

jr@unitedmech.com

405-409-9442

Thanks,

Flat Top 

Planning my trip. When will the long range be? What is the typical course of fire for long range? 

really looking forward to my first Land Run! 

10 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Hoss,

The schedule of events is listed on cowboy.okcgunclub.org and the distance is 250 yds for single shot and 150 for lever gun.

Flat Top

Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Hoss,

The schedule of events is listed on cowboy.okcgunclub.org and the distance is 250 yds for single shot and 150 for lever gun.

Flat Top

Hi Flat Top,  I don't see the link to the long range info PDF usually posted on Info page or elsewhere.

Archived