SASS Wire Forum

Censorship here also Good bye and See you all at the range.

Trooper Ozzy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, watab kid said:

guess i missed it all , or didnt think it significant enough , but im always sorry when someone leaves and yet ill back the rules [im sure i walk a fine line sometimes as i do speak my mind] 

glad we have other things to move on to - so how much snow has fallen in ohio today ? anyone on the east coast getting it yet ? 

No accumulation on the roads, but a bit on the grass, vehicles and plants. Overall, not too bad.

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

No accumulation on the roads, but a bit on the grass, vehicles and plants. Overall, not too bad.

Same here up in Northern Ohio, we got about an inch, roads are clear and it's sunny right now!!!B)

45 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Same here up in Northern Ohio, we got about an inch, roads are clear and it's sunny right now!!!B)

No lake effect for you? Can’t complain about that!

You just gotta know HOW to post your comments without it being too personal or insulting.

Here's a good example:

If I wanted to tell every one that TN Williams is the biggest liar in Tennessee, I gotta be very tactful and basically say that

TN Williams doesn't tell the truth all the time..... :lol:

I mean, just because he opens his mouth doesn't mean he's about to tell another lie.   It's possible that he's  yawning or about to

sneeze....... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

No lake effect for you? Can’t complain about that!

No not here but east of here a couple hours in Pa. and  Ny they’re getting pounded!

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You just gotta know HOW to post your comments without it being too personal or insulting.

Here's a good example:

If I wanted to tell every one that TN Williams is the biggest liar in Tennessee, I gotta be very tactful and basically say that

I mean, just because he opens his mouth doesn't mean he's about to tell another lie.   It's possible that he's  yawning or about to

..........Widder

You mean like the difference between tellin a woman that when you look into her eyes, time stands still, and her face would stop a clock?

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Here's a good example:

..........Widder

:lol: I :wub: youse two!

12 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

You mean like the difference between tellin a woman that when you look into her eyes, time stands still, and her face would stop a clock?

:lol::o:blush:

I agree that we should all follow the rules.  I used to post on a site that had a no-politics rule.  One of the moderators violated that rule by insulting Southern US police.  I took issue and reported it as a violation.  Nothing happened.  A few weeks later, I teased a fellow poster, who is a dear friend in the real world (as well as on the same site).  The same moderator issued a warning to me and I was put on some sort of probation.  My teased buddy wrote them a message defending me.  I responded civilly and requested to have my membership cancelled, and I quit posting.  They did not immediately cancel it, ( as I went back to see if they had) but instead, sent me an email about 6 weeks later informing me that their committee had decided to cancel my membership.

I sincerely support the moderators as their job cannot be easy.  I’m certainly cautious about teasing people on these boards!

21 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

The rule is clear, no political posts. And it's applied equally. Unlike Facebook which allows political posts but delete the ones they don't like!.

You don't expect someone to really the believe that the rules apply to THEM, do you?  :huh:

Rules that they don't agree with are for other people.  It's a variant of the new member that comes in ready to revamp the game so it matches their image of how things should be done.

And he checked back Thursday afternoon.  :lol:

Guess he's still not feeling the love- or he was looking for a cheese and whine pairing suggestion (based on the whine, I suggest Limburger).

I have been a Mod and Admin on other forums, I appreciate how difficult it can be to keep things civil. Everyone , Mods included, can slip up and post something you regret later. Suck it up, and move on.

And thank you to the Mods here.

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion of California posts have been deleted but my Idahoan opinions remain. Perhaps I was too cruel. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, Hendo said:

All of the leaves me with one nagging question, 

What's snow?

A four lettered word that starts with a "S".  And since this is a family orientated forum it should NOT be used!  :D

I raised a gifted son.  For those that don't know the difficulties go find something else to read cause this won't make much sense.

I became aware he was upset about something and finally got him to talk to me.

What's wrong?

Baseball has started.

Good, are you playing?

No!

Why not?

The boys won't let me.

Why not?

I don't know!  The rules of baseball are so confusing and difficult fo children to understand.

Yes, so?

I have made up a set of rules that any one can play by but when I insist on playing my rules they get upset and make me leave.

??
??
??

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.................................... is he gone yet ???

Curious, so I looked.

Last visited December 17.

Understand there is some process for getting a new alias, wonder how long that takes...

Cold and drizzly here today supposed to hit 60 tomorrow.

Snow last night only about 3”. Cleared up this afternoon. Should be chilly this evening. Gotta get to the post office and pick up my BRCC.I’m nearly out!

18 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.................................... is he gone yet ???

Yes, he died in April 2020.

38 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Snow coming down pretty good now. None was expected. 

I see you are in Indiana, I'm somewhat south of you.

I expected a nice breeze tonight, was less than 15 mph. Just got a NWS warning for gusts up to 50!

Couple days of rain, so I'll be using the day to do all of my paperwork from this year; and maybe organize some of my gun stuff. I'll post pics elsewhere as I don't want to derail this thread.

Archived