Looking for:

long sleeves 

NO button down collars

XL or XLT sizes

No fancified patterns

wash and wear

$60.00 and under

snap or button front plackets  and pockets

I've been looking for a weeks and there seem to be button down collars, flowery print, size medium or small in abundance.

No one seems to offer many pain old western shirts in mens' sizes 

So far Roper is my best bet.

Anyone know of any others........and please don't mention Ely or the Boot Barn house brand.  They don't last a full year.

Have you tried Amazon? You can have them send it, try it on and if it doesn’t work for you send it back. 

Western Shirts for Men with Snap Buttons Regular Fit Plaid Mens Long Sleeve Shirts Casual https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WHNLK2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_3Xt2FbX7EC4DS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Wrangler's at Wal Mart. All cotton, long sleeve, button down, plain solid colors. Button pockets with flaps. Under $20.

I won't own a button down collar on anything.  Stupidest invention since neck ties and cuff links.

If you like banded collar shirts, I found these on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Amazon Brand - Goodthreads Men's Standard-Fit Long-Sleeve Band-Collar Denim Shirt: Clothing

12 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Wrangler's at Wal Mart. All cotton, long sleeve, button down, plain solid colors. Button pockets with flaps. Under $20.

The last Wrangler shirt I bought ( always long sleeves) now the cuffs are halfway up to my elbow after being washed twice

3 hours ago, Grass Range said:

The last Wrangler shirt I bought ( always long sleeves) now the cuffs are halfway up to my elbow after being washed twice

I bought three Ely shirts at Boot Barn about a year ago.  All three are worn out already.  OTOH, I still have a Pendleton Frontier shirt that I bought just before I retired in 2005 and other than being faded and a bit worn at the cuffs and collar, it's still serviceable.  I'd buy more but I simply can't pay their prices any more.

Forty, in the last dozen years or so many people have started referring to button front shirts - those regular shirts that button from the collar all the way down and when you unbutton them they swing open - as button down shirts. I have also seen them called button up shirts, and simply button shirts.

Me personally, I think they should simply be called shirts. Then all the other types of shirts could have adjectives applied to them. Polo shirt. T-shirt. Sweatshirt. Undershirt.

And button down should only be used in reference to the collar, as it has been since the button down collar was invented.

Frigish nigish people keep trying to change the language.

I wear Pendleton shirts.  I have 2 dozen wool ones. They work well in farthest North Idaho. I use Wranglers during both days of our summer. :)

Older gentlemen find snap shirts beat the H--- out of button ones. Viva arthritis!!!   :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/men-shirts

Be sure to check the what size me link for the shirts. Different shirt lines are sized different. A XL in one style may be a L in another style.

Yeah, they're almost as standardized as car  and computer parts:IOW, not at all.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Got a shirt at Walmart for 9.98, brand name is George.  At that price I can use it for cleaning rags and not feel too bad.  

Kohls, Boot Barn, Tractor Supply and a few others have never even heard of Dickies.

Guess I'll go to Amazon and see what Pendleton has to offer.

And what the hell is "modern fit"?

I can feel your pain 4T.  I had my local Western Wear store order me some 18x38 western shirts from Panhandle Slim, or maybe it's just Panhandle now.  They fit good.

12 hours ago, Kulshan 20262 said:

I can feel your pain 4T.  I had my local Western Wear store order me some 18x38 western shirts from Panhandle Slim, or maybe it's just Panhandle now.  They fit good.

My local western store,Boot Barn, Isn't worth the price of a match to set it on fire.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah, they're almost as standardized as car  and computer parts:IOW, not at all.

True but they do have your size in stock and they are quality shirts.

• 2 weeks later...

Snap shirts are the best for arthritic hands and fingers,

On 12/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

And they shrink when washed. I do not like sleeves ending halfway between my wrist and elbow

On 12/17/2020 at 12:05 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Got a shirt at Walmart for 9.98, brand name is George.  At that price I can use it for cleaning rags and not feel too bad.  

Kohls, Boot Barn, Tractor Supply and a few others have never even heard of Dickies.

Guess I'll go to Amazon and see what Pendleton has to offer.

And what the hell is "modern fit"?

They are not quite as narrow fitted as traditional western shirts which are designed for flat-stomached narrow-waisted young studs.

Archived