SASS Wire Forum

Hey Rye Miles

32 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You know "wop" is considered a derogatory term in the presence of Italians? I'm not trying to be PC but it's like the "N" word to real Italians. 

My Dad was first gen of Sicilian/French Canadian descent, and years back we were watching a gangster movie and they were tossing trash terms around for Italians, my Dad rolled with it till he heard the term 'congine', and that really set him off.  I ask a friend about this, he ask his Mom, and we were told that was an old school derogatory remark for Italians in North Jersey, and some parts of NYC.  Which is interesting, cause it just means 'cousin', but I guess it must have been how it was used and delivered. 

58 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So Rye?  Have you noticed that the Browns don’t suck this year?   ))))

I still can't believe this team! I'm cautiously optimistic :P

Back to the OP. This is all Snowflake Political Correctness Bullcrap. If they are so worried about the term "Indians" being offensive then why isn't the name dropped immediately. Why, because there is a lot of money to be made selling " discontinued" logo items. Why are they still selling items with Chief Wahoo on them. I know.....$$$$$$

Say one thing but do what brings in the cash.

19 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Back to the OP. This is all Snowflake Political Correctness Bullcrap. If they are so worried about the term "Indians" being offensive then why isn't the name dropped immediately. Why, because there is a lot of money to be made selling " discontinued" logo items. Why are they still selling items with Chief Wahoo on them. I know.....$$$$$$

Say one thing but do what brings in the cash.

Kinda like killing the goose that lays the golden egg in my book. Going against the grain of the fans is not productive in any sport. 

I think the NFL experienced that a year or two ago. But perhaps I am wrong and they are trying to woo the younger fans. I think soccer is more their cup of tea though. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Kinda like killing the goose that lays the golden egg in my book. Going against the grain of the fans is not productive in any sport. 

I think the NFL experienced that a year or two ago. But perhaps I am wrong and they are trying to woo the younger fans. I think soccer is more their cup of tea though. Just my opinion. 

I may be wrong and I have no proof of this but I don’t think the majority of the fans want a name change. I don’t think they wanted little Chief Wahoo gone either but I could be wrong. All I know is all my friends and family that are fans were against all this nonsense. 

Archived