SASS Wire Forum

Hey Rye Miles

12 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Hear the tribe is going to change out their name. That doesn"t sound good. 

What is wrong with  Cleveland Indians?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it but the snowflakes are offended :angry:

28 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it but the snowflakes are offended :angry:

I heard they're just gonna call themselves the 'Indians' as not to offend anybody.  This true?

Uh... Fellas?  I think y'all are way off base here.  I think the modern term is s'posed to be "Indigenous Peoples!"  :huh:  

Can't ya just see the pennants?  Cleveland Indigenous Peoples?  C I Ps...?   :)

Of course, that could present a problem if the team ever moves from Cleveland to Columbus....  :rolleyes:

If I were the owner of the Cleveland Indians....

(Cue wavy lines across the screen)

”Ladies and Gentlemen, members of the press, members of the perpetually offended and anyone that might be here to protest any little thing..

I am here today to announce that we are finally bowing under the pressure of the white millennial communistic peoples that have been harassing us and badgering us for years to change our name. We thought that we were honoring a once great society of peoples, but it’s obvious that there are elements within this nation that secretly wish to squash any mention of these peoples across our great land. The folks that wish to manipulate and destroy on behalf of those that 300 years ago would have happily handed out smallpox  ridden blankets are finally getting their way. 
We are finally changing our name. 

Henceforth we are to be known as 

The Cleveland A**holes!

That’s right everybody. We wish to have a name that reflects today’s society and we wish to honor those that fought so hard to get us to change our name. So, we honor you! We honor you A**holes that constantly berated us at every game. You A**holes that stood outside at the start of every game with your signs and your chanting. You A**holes that kept our legal team jumping through hoops and costing us money. You have won! Congratulations you A**holes. 

Everyone, please stand and join me in reintroducing your team and introducing your new baseball team’s name...

THE CLEVELAND A**HOLES!

A boy can dream....

:lol:

9 hours ago, Cemetery said:

I heard they're just gonna call themselves the 'Indians' as not to offend anybody.  This true?

No that's why they're changing it because the name The Indians is offending about a dozen or so snowflakes!

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No that's why they're changing it because the name The Indians is offending about a dozen or so snowflakes!

I think you missed the joke, I was ribbin' ya about 'Cleveland' being offensive.

But I spent a few months there for work years back, and really loved it.

6 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

What if the offense was against a different nationality? Huh? How would you feel than?

image.jpeg.4fe155233ba0501674931a7dc7b4edf9.jpeg

I love this!!! I’m 100% Italian too!!

29 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Maybe The Cleveland Wait'll Next years:rolleyes::blink::blush:

That was cold......but true :(

What if they just moved out of Cleveland???

I’m thinking “The Ohio Mistletoes”!!  The mistletoe insignia should be embroidered on the back center of the uniform shirts, just above the belt line!!

21 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Yes, unfortunately:(

1948 was the last time they won a World Series!:o

Just now, Blackwater 53393 said:

What if they just moved out of Cleveland???

I’m thinking “The Ohio Mistletoes”!!  The mistletoe insignia should be embroidered on the back center of the uniform shirts, just above the belt line!!

Move out??? Don’t give them any ideas!! :angry:

8 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

What if the offense was against a different nationality? Huh? How would you feel than?

image.jpeg.4fe155233ba0501674931a7dc7b4edf9.jpeg

Nevermind!

34 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I bet they can wop a ball right out of the park!

You know "wop" is considered a derogatory term in the presence of Italians? I'm not trying to be PC but it's like the "N" word to real Italians. 

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You know "wop" is considered a derogatory term in the presence of Italians? I'm not trying to be PC but it's like the "N" word to real Italians. 

My apologies. From a kraut. I was raised with a big family of italians next door. My folks and their folks played cards every week. Was a common term from them. It's where I learned kraut too. 

5 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

My apologies. From a kraut. I was raised with a big family of italians next door. My folks and their folks played cards every week. Was a common term from them. It's where I learned kraut too. 

No apologies necessary I have uncles and aunts that get really pi%^%$ off when they hear that! It means "without papers" and that's suggesting that the Italians that came here were "illegal" immigrants which is not true at all!

We should be calling the "illegals" coming over the Mexican border illegally "wops"!!

Then there's this meaning:

History and Etymology for wop

Italian dialect guappo swaggerer, tough, from Spanish guapo, probably from Middle French dialect vape, wape weak, insipid, from Latin vappa wine gone flat

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No apologies necessary I have uncles and aunts that get really pi%^%$ off when they hear that! It means "without papers" and that's suggesting that the Italians that came here were "illegal" immigrants which is not true at all!

We should be calling the "illegals" coming over the Mexican border illegally "wops"!!

Lol. My dad taught me a few I haven't heard since he passed. He was a very tolerant man about MOST things. That wasn't one of them. He was the first generation of my family to speak English as a first language.

2 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Lol. My dad taught me a few I haven't heard since he passed. He was a very tolerant man about MOST things. That wasn't one of them. He was the first generation of my family to speak English as a first language.

Wow, interesting!;) Actually my mother was the first in my family to speak English as a first language.

2 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

You bet right! All my uncle's of age got to serve in the Pacific for some reason......

I had two uncles that served there, my dad was in the service in the early 30's, when the war came he was married and my sister was 2 yrs old so he was exempt. I had an aunt (deceased) that was an army nurse, she stayed in the states though at Walter Reed hospital.

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I had two uncles that served there, my dad was in the service in the early 30's, when the war came he was married and my sister was 2 yrs old so he was exempt. I had an aunt (deceased) that was an army nurse, she stayed in the states though at Walter Reed hospital.

Navy and merchant marines. Dad was Army but much later. He was #8 of 11 boys (farm hands) and a lot younger than those who fought.

Archived