SASS Wire Forum

NO LONGER FOR SALE: Ruger OMV's - Considering Selling - Deal Fell Through

Hawknose Bill

I apologize in advance for the long story, but I feel it's important:

For 40+ years, I have been a flintlock shooter. I have researched my family, and have 3 ancestors who were Revolutionary War veterans (one was George Rogers Clark's older brother). I have had a deep-seated interest in this time period. I have been involved in SASS for 7+ years, now, and really enjoy the sport. I also hunt with my JM stamped Marlin Cowboy Limited in 45 Colt, and have taken several deer with it.

I am at a crossroads right now. Considering retirement, with the potential of limited opportunity to participate in cowboy action events. I will, however, have many opportunities to pursue my Revolutionary War reenacting hobby, as well as my flintlock rifle hunting. So, I am putting this out there:

I have a pair of 45 Colt OMV's, as well as the leather, that I would be interested in selling. I would use the funds to purchase a flintlock rifle that I could pursue my first love with. If anyone has an interest, I can send photos of the revolvers and leather. I would sell the lot for $1000 and shipping to your FFL.

**UPDATE**The handle that I had on the flintlock fell through - the gent jacked the price up beyond what my guns would sell for. So, I've decided to hang on to the OMV's for now.

Thanks for all of the responses, though.

Archived