SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone know if there is an age requirement for a tattoo

Alpo

Let's say, just for this example, that a small rose would cost $50.

if my 14-year-old granddaughter was to walk into a tattoo parlor with a $50 bill, would they mark up her unsullied body?

If there is an age requirement, would having parental permission do away with such requirement? If I took my 10-year-old into a tattoo parlor, since I say it's all right, would they draw on his little body?

"The California Conference of Local Health Officers shall establish sterilization, sanitation, and safety standards for persons engaged in the business of tattooing, body piercing, or permanent cosmetics. Tattooing-Establishes that it is a misdemeanor for any person to tattoo or offer to tattoo anyone under age 18.Mar 13, 2019"

"Can you get a tattoo at 15 with parental consent in California?

No. The California state law prohibits any person under the age of 18 years old from being tattooed under any circumstance. According to California Penal Code 653, every person who tattoos or offers to tattoo a person under the age of 18 years is guilty of a misdemeanor."

"A tattoo ain't nuthin' but another set of fingerprints that makes it easier for the po-lice to grab you up, or for your family to identify your corpse!"  (Dale "Popeye" Sutherland):D

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Let's say, just for this example, that a small rose would cost $50.

if my 14-year-old granddaughter was to walk into a tattoo parlor with a $50 bill, would they mark up her unsullied body?

If there is an age requirement, would having parental permission do away with such requirement? If I took my 10-year-old into a tattoo parlor, since I say it's all right, would they draw on his little body?

It all depends on in which state one lives.

My son wanted one when he was 16 and I wouldn't sign for him. I said wait two years and you can do what you want. He never got one and to this day thanks me for not signing!:P

3 hours ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

Law state 18 without Parent/Guardian approval.

Local shop back home would tattoo as young as 16, with Parent/Guardian approval.

Same in Indiana.

Archived