SASS Wire Forum

Armi San Marco 1858 Bolt

El CupAJoe

All,

I was given an early Christmas present, a brass framed .44 ASM 1858 Remington. when I cock the hammer it goes quite a bit further back than the sear on the trigger, is this normal?  Also, the bolt doesn't engage the cylinder.  with the hammer overtravel, the cylinder will spin past the bolt stop and when the hand retracts, the cylinder will spin backwards to follow it until the hand disengages.  The spring appears fine and if I remove the spring and push on the bolt with my finger, it doesn't appear to get any better.  I think that the hand screw might be protruding from the side of the hammer and interfering with the bolt, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't a design feature before I started filing the screw down.  I suppose given the age of the gun someone might have put a non ASM cylinder into the gun to sell it, but I'm guessing it's either the screw poking out from the side of the hammer or the bolt is worn down.  Anyone know if one of the other manufacturer's bolts will work in ASM guns?  I'd like to get this running for the CTAGA shoot on the 27th.

El CupAJoe

20201212_091240[1].jpg

Archived