SASS Wire Forum

Had to kill this one.

Major Crimes

4 hours ago, Chantry said:

I'm not moving to a place where you need a .410 or .22 lr for spiders!

............ an' don't forget that you gotta have* a "shooters licence" to own either or ANY firearms ........ :)

*= apply for and (if granted) pay for  -_-

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ an' don't forget that you gotta have* a "shooters licence" to own either or ANY firearms ........ :)

That's another reason I won't be moving Down Under

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ we use 12ga., ... usually ...   :unsure:

A good shot only needs a .22 LR or .410 for spiders   :P   I'll save the 12 gauge for the poisonous snakes.

47 minutes ago, Chantry said:

...............................   :P   I'll save the 12 gauge for the poisonous snakes.

CAIN'T DO THAT !!!!

...... snakes is protected ...... and my old friend says "............ but they ain't armour plated"

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ we use 12ga., ... usually ...   :unsure:

Speak for yourself I have the Double Rifle, 45/70, loaded for spider (405gr with 38gr of 2207 (H4198 equivalent)).

You gotta be ready for that follow up shot, those suckers get angry when wounded:o

I use my '87 ...... 5 in mag, 1 on lifter, & 1 in chamber ......... follow up with 2 shot reloading as necessary ......   :mellow:

................ 'course I gotta get a bit closer than you ......

:ph34r:

19 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Speak for yourself I have the Double Rifle, 45/70, loaded for spider (405gr with 38gr of 2207 (H4198 equivalent)).

You gotta be ready for that follow up shot, those suckers get angry when wounded:o

You have to aim between the eyes. Question is... which pair???

On 12/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

CAIN'T DO THAT !!!!

...... snakes is protected ...... and my old friend says "............ but they ain't armour plated"

Then their bodyguards best keep them away from me.

My philosophy on snakes is so simple even Dick and Jane would get it.

See snake.

Kill snake.

Good snake!

I also ain't screwing around with a spider so big that if I smack him with a shoe, he's liable to take it out of my hand and smack me back!

My chum, Doctor-Doctor Bob used to use a cricket bat.

Or an ax when he encountered them in the shed, when he lived there.

I couldn't believe the size of some of those suckers!

On 12/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I have a feeling you own a long big baseball bat.....

Texas Lizard

I want to thank or Aussie Pards, Major Crimes and Wallaby Jack.

I had a dream last night that a Redback Spider with a body the size of  the spider on that wall in the video was living in my home and she had babies the size of regular Redback Spiders.

I had concocted a way to kill the "babies" with a  hand vacuum that used a half full alcohol bottle as the vacuum receptacle and I was happily vacuuming up babies and killing them when Mama vanished and I couldn't find her. I was frantically looking about the house trying to figure where this several pound spider was when all of a sudden I felt sharp spidery legs land on my back...all the way across my back...and I woke up.

Boy am I glad that was just a  dream.:blink: :lol:

Here in the NW the largest spider is Eratigena atrica, aka the giant house spider. It's an import from Europe, and while nowhere near as big as some of the monsters in Australia it's known as the fastest creature on eight legs. They can move more than a meter per second. I had one living in the space below my gas fireplace, and one night it was sitting on the carpet a few feet away. I tried to get a large Dixie cup over it but it shot back into the space before I could get close enough. Two nights later I saw it again and got the idea to shine a flashlight on it to blind it, and that actually worked. The cup barely fit over its legs. They're supposedly not aggressive, but if I ever got one on me it wouldn't have to bite me to kill me. :blink:

Archived