SASS Wire Forum

CAS Article in Guns

Cholla

https://gunsmagazine.com/discover/cowboy-action-shooting-101/

Some of you say you never see a CAS article in magazines. This is my second, the first being on Wild Bunch last year.

Subscribe to Guns and you'll see more related articles as time goes by.

They also had it on their electronic digest last week! Meant to tell you Well Done Sir!

Good article, But the one picture of Mike Cannon looks like they photo shopped the 73 into the picture,Either that or he is throwing the rifle onto the table.G0221-SASS-5.jpg

Fast transition, strong side hand is going for his pistol weak side is riding the rifle so it doesn't fall off the table. Action open left hand will grasp on the way down. 4 brass still in the air in photo.

Working guns get get dinged up.

13 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Good article, But the one picture of Mike Cannon looks like they photo shopped the 73 into the picture,Either that or he is throwing the rifle onto the table.G0221-SASS-5.jpg

This is not photoshop-ed. This is the transition. Cannon is one of the fastest I have seen. Texas Joker has it right.

Idk. That guy is really a pretty good looking cowboy.

Texas Joker is correct. It was a random picture of a split second deal. I thought it was cool to catch it. You can't tell from the pic but I was putting that rifle down pretty hard and moving to the left to draw my (right) strong side. The lever is only a few inches from the table. Just a random picture that looks better (or worse) than what it actually was.

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

Idk. That guy is really a pretty good looking cowboy.

Texas Joker is correct. It was a random picture of a split second deal. I thought it was cool to catch it. You can't tell from the pic but I was putting that rifle down pretty hard and moving to the left to draw my (right) strong side. The lever is only a few inches from the table. Just a random picture that looks better (or worse) than what it actually was.

Now that EOT is moving to Phoenix in 2022 I must just get the honor of shooting with you again! We can be bookends... you with 11 seconds per stage, me with 61 seconds per stage! Say hi to everyone at Pine Ridge for me.

37 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Now that EOT is moving to Phoenix in 2022 I must just get the honor of shooting with you again! We can be bookends... you with 11 seconds per stage, me with 61 seconds per stage! Say hi to everyone at Pine Ridge for me.

If I could make it there, that would not be the result.

I'll likely be slower.

3 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

If I could make it there, that would not be the result.

I'll likely be slower.

You'ld have to work at it! I had a 300 second stage at the NCOWS Nationals a few years ago. I had a high primer and just had fits getting my pistol to cycle but I didn't want to give up!

Archived