SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger coach gun trigger swap

oak creek martin

Is it possible to switch the triggers on a Stoeger coach gun. They come set up from the factory for left-hand shooters. I’ve heard people talk about doing it. Looks like he would have to do some grinding on the inside of the trigger to make them clear.

You might be able to find it in the Cowboy Chronicle archives, there was an article several years ago. I did a Stoeger and a TTN. If I remember right the Stoeger was more time consuming but still just an afternoon project.

Randy

Yep, pretty easy to do. Have done a couple, but since sold the guns.

Well, actually the guns don't come from the factory SET UP for left handed shooters, specifically.  Traditionally, double guns had a Modified choke in the right barrel and a Full choke in the left barrel.  Game shooters would shoot the closer target with the right, then the farther target with the left.  It's one of those "We've always done it that way" sort of things.  Nobody has seen any reason to change "the way we do it."  The set up does actually favor left handed shooters for FAST shooting and when switched can be much faster for right hand shooters.  Sometimes entirely TOO FAST :rolleyes:  Don't ask how I know this FACT  :D

It is a fairly straight forward job on the Stoeger.  The triggers must be clearances when switched or you'll get a SURPRISE!!.  While you have the Butt Stock off, I also suggest you disable the automatic safety.  Easily done.  That leaves the safety intact should you choose to use it.

5 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I found where JS Scooner sent it to me

I can't seem to attach the link here but if you'll message me an email address I'll sent it to you.

Randy

Larsen E. Pettifogger's trigger swap can be found here. 

Stoeger side by side trigger swap.

Read the article. Pretty much what I assumed you would need to do worked on it last night 45 minutes and it was done works awesome. Got to make sure you get the cut on the trigger deep enough or you can turn a double trigger into a single trigger and or both barrels at one pull of front trigger

Archived