SASS Wire Forum

Have you ever fallen out of love with something that you loved doing?

Pat Riot

I played hockey for 40 years. Got to the point where the body couldn't do what the brain wanted. I needed a new hobby. Went to one match and was all in 4 years ago. Addicted to a little pain so black powder it is. Can't see the targets, shoot slow, reloading is slower, keep finding older and older guns to shoot. I am lucky in that I have the whole range of clubs within 2 hours...fast and close with similar sets each month, to 12 permanent bays with far small targets (love those Texas Stars). Always was a competitor, need to practice more. Maybe when I retire I'll have some time. Don't know what I missed early on, enjoy what I have now. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played hockey for 40 years. Got to the point where the body couldn't do what the brain wanted. I needed a new hobby. Went to one match and was all in 4 years ago. Addicted to a little pain so black powder it is. Can't see the targets, shoot slow, reloading is slower, keep finding older and older guns to shoot. I am lucky in that I have the whole range of clubs within 2 hours...fast and close with similar sets each month, to 12 permanent bays with far small targets (love those Texas Stars). Always was a competitor, need to practice more. Maybe when I retire I'll have some time. Don't know what I missed early on, enjoy what I have now. 

Kinda' partial to Texas Stars myself!!

Archived