SASS Wire Forum

A question for BMC

8 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

This looks like a job for.....

DSC_0098.JPG

Super Frog!

Bill Dance was touting a similar frog on one of his TV Shows. I am beginning to believe Bill has a pet Bass and he has taught it to bite on command. He can then catch it over and over and it cost and no overhead, other than the camera man person. 

16 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Bill Dance was touting a similar frog on one of his TV Shows. I am beginning to believe Bill has a pet Bass and he has taught it to bite on command. He can then catch it over and over and it cost and no overhead, other than the camera man person. 

I remember Dance's version.  I think it had legs, too.  The one above is Tom Mann's.

At the time, there had been an invasion of hydrilla on Lake Eufaula and other southern bass lakes.  Throw in the bumper crop of lily pads that were choking sections of most lakes, too, and there were prime locations for frog and mouse lures.  I threw a frog a lot just because of Dance's commercial as a kid and actually had one strike on a patch of lily pads that was even more impressive than Bill's.  I missed- more like the bass missed since I didn't really get involved until everything was all over- but it was still the coolest top water strike I've ever seen.

5 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I remember Dance's version.  I think it had legs, too.  The one above is Tom Mann's.

At the time, there had been an invasion of hydrilla on Lake Eufaula and other southern bass lakes.  Throw in the bumper crop of lily pads that were choking sections of most lakes, too, and there were prime locations for frog and mouse lures.  I threw a frog a lot just because of Dance's commercial as a kid and actually had one strike on a patch of lily pads that was even more impressive than Bill's.  I missed- more like the bass missed since I didn't really get involved until everything was all over- but it was still the coolest top water strike I've ever seen.

Bill had a recent one he got from Bass Pro shop,  that looked like the one you posted except for color. 

On 12/14/2020 at 8:40 AM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

This looks like a job for.....

DSC_0098.JPG

Super Frog!

Used them a lot. I always set the hook too early. Fun when they blow up on it though.

7 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Funny story about those fishing shows.  dad and I were down in a bait shop new Truman Lake when one of the big name TV stars stops in to replenish their cooler. before heading out on the lake with their TV crew.  Next day Dad and I are in the shop and the hot topic of conversation was how the guy got skunked and failed to hook a single fish.

Well later on I happened to see the guys show and he was plugging the bait shop. On the show all the wide angle shots were of Truman lake but the shots of them actually catching fish were either a different lake or a different trip.

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Funny story about those fishing shows.  dad and I were down in a bait shop new Truman Lake when one of the big name TV stars stops in to replenish their cooler. before heading out on the lake with their TV crew.  Next day Dad and I are in the shop and the hot topic of conversation was how the guy got skunked and failed to hook a single fish.

Well later on I happened to see the guys show and he was plugging the bait shop. On the show all the wide angle shots were of Truman lake but the shots of them actually catching fish were either a different lake or a different trip.

Must be a horrible life having to fish all week so you can film a 30 minute tv snow.:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I sometimes notice them in different shirts, or boats or what ever. I guess you can fool the camers. 

Archived