SASS Wire Forum

Go Army! Beat Navy!

Charlie Harley, #14153

GO ARMY

BEAT NAVY

0pSmjm8.jpg

My dad on the left in 1943 as a Cadet before he left the Academy to join the Army Air Corps in 1944.

7I8LuwG.jpg

nkWkrNv.jpg

CQCAfUa.jpg

VxGeL2q.jpg

I visited the Academy last fall

20 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Those are some ugly uniforms. 

I dunno... I kinda like Army's uniforms.  Their secret weapon ~ Camouflage!!  :lol:

Did y'all catch the coin toss?  :)

20201212_122608.thumb.jpg.105dd9f22f4628bed7aeea8fb1e0dde4.jpg

Just now, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

My two sons in law are going to have a tough time this week.  :)

How come, Badger...?   :)

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Did I hear that right? Oldest WP graduate on active duty is a colonel. What does that say? Where did the generals come from?

Obviously he is too competent at his job to be promoted out of it. 

for the last 40 years ive been livin among a navy family so my sentiments have been to them , i married a self identified navy brat - large family , so sorry if i cheer the other side 

6 minutes ago, watab kid said:

for the last 40 years ive been livin among a navy family so my sentiments have been to them , i married a self identified navy brat - large family , so sorry if i cheer the other side 

My family has allegiance all over the board. Army, Navy, Marines Corp. But we are all 100% American.

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Did I hear that right? Oldest WP graduate on active duty is a colonel. What does that say? Where did the generals come from?

Oldest, not longest service.  The majority of active duty generals are also West Point graduates.  The colonel was probably prior enlisted before he got his West Point appointment, thus making him older than his superiors.

i hear that - ALL americans , but rootin for a team in one game is no different than voting for one party or the other - sometimes i wish we had three , we all are here , we all are invested , we all care , 

my father was AAC in WWII - nice part of it was my father and FIL were fast friends late in life through my wife and i , both football fans and never a cross word was spoken , a lot of armchair quarterbackin tho 

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

There are a few slots for colonels where they are allowed to stay past the 30 year mandatory retirement. Typically these are highly technical and specialized roles where continuity is also desired. He is probably in one of them.

14 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’m thinking the Middies scuttled it. Wow, that was ugly. 

I don't think so, Abiline. :D  It is an ill wind that blows no one good, or so they say. Whom ever "they" are?

Archived