SASS Wire Forum

32-40 Tool

Chelsea Kid, #47400

Hello the fire,

I have this tool, a deprimer/primer hand tool for 32-40. Do any of you out on the wire know anything about them? I also have some brass that I am in the process of cleaning and tumbling. Does anyone shoot this caliber? 

Chelsea

32-40 Tool.jpg

I have a 1st year production Marlin '93 in 32-40.... It was re-barreled several years ago & it is a Tack Driver !!

I did some Cowboy Silhouette matches with it years ago, it did Real Well.

I shoot it sometimes in Long Range side matches.

That is a neat looking old Tool you found there !!

Don’t know who made it but it is a decapper/prime tool.  The shell plate on the left with the punch decamps for the decamping and the capper is evident when the shell holder is raised up

I had a Win '94 in 32-40.  It was built in 1918 or so, as I recall.  It had been refinished, and the bore was still a little fuzzy, but it was a tack driver at 100 yds with Imperial ammo.  Imperial was a British company and the ammo is no longer made.  A very accurate round when loaded correctly.  As John Boy said the tool is for priming/depriming.  It will work now just as it did 50-60 years ago. 

I'm shooting a 1983 John Wayne Commemorative that a previous owner allowed portions of it to rust, thus killing its value. Very nice rifle at 100 yds. Brass is getting harder to find these days.

I've also got a Marlin 93 in 32/40 the outside of the rifle looks like it earned everyone of it's years but the inside is pristine, it shoots very well out to about 300 yards with my light lead loads, I also had a Marlin 93 in 38/55 it shot pretty well but I really liked the 32/40 better.

Archived