SASS Wire Forum

Home Depot ~ sold out?

Just back from a run to Home Dee-Pot for plywood and 2x3's.

And here it is, December 11 - two weeks 'til Christmas, and other than a bunch of Poinsettias there were NO Christmas decorations or goods left.  Nada!  

Wow....  :huh:

come to my costco  after turkey day they have everything  

even pallets of TP 

I think everyone was so ready for something  better they started  decorating early 

Here's the extent of my Christmas decorations! Oh and a Christmas wreath on the front door.

IMG_1872.JPG

They say sales of Christmas trees are at an all time high. I normally don’t put up any outside decorations because we’re so far out in the country. 
But this year, what em with the way things have been going,  I threw tradition to the winds and outdid myself with a Clark Griswold worthy display out at the end of the driveway. It is stunning. It towers above the sagebrush by at least 3-4 inches. I spotted a group of deer gazing at it in reverence just yesterday. I suspect there will be a line of cars stretching to the horizon a la Field of Dreams.

I built it. They will come.

You’re welcome, Dolores County.

BE01DE2A-F62A-42CA-B167-16C9930B9781.jpeg

2 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Those baseballs signed by Caspar, Balthazar, and Melchior?:rolleyes::lol::blush:

No but the one on the far right is a 1955 ball signed by the Cleveland Indians. The others are newer team signed balls, one from the 1995 team!:)

im much like those of you that have responded - my wife not so much should she set her mind to it , thankfully she seldom does anymore or i would be working harder than i like saying bah humbug out loud , 

we did a little , i am happy , but i think there are many , absent other activities like work , that are spending their time at home decorating - based on my street this year compared to the past , its great but in a way sad too , we are being denied the right to celebrate and worship as we choose , but its obvious we still want to , 

for what its worth - ive been really outspoken about all of this government overreach - and rightfully so , but ive also been quick to say do what is needed to protect you and yours , we have had more than one situation within our family as all of you have , one is my MIL whom i love dearly has not understood why we have not included her this year - she is convinced we all are getting together and she is being left out [there are reasons she might think that way] but thats not true , she is in her late 80s with some dementia , had we been getting together [we have not] it would have been a difficult discussion as this could well be her last year with us , she has already said she might just rather die than go without her family , 

this is something that our legislators cannot fix , something they can screw up and in my mind have , but there aint no fixin what has already been , just livin with it , 

much like a lot of our countries history that some want to tear down or erase or hold up and wave in patriot glory , we are who we are and thats all we will ever be , ive not visited my MIL for months now - i work at a gunrange and meet a lot of folks every day that i would never meet on the street , i think im doing right - but my heart tells me i may regret it - forever , 

hug those you love - or social distance as you choose , 

Archived