SASS Wire Forum

Scoring programs

Snakebite

CAS Scoring-  made for Cowboy Shooting.

It is like ACES but somewhat easier to use. Works on new iPads and iPhones where ACES will not due to it not being supported anymore.

Easy to learn and runs about any final report you would need for each.

Download from the Apple.

JM

Well, for our monthly matches, I just use Excel. Unfortunately, we are down to less than 40 shooters each month so it is not time consuming. 

I made a template and simply make a  new spreadsheet for each match.  I use Excel a lot for work so this was a natural extension of it for me. 

For our annual match, the Mason Dixon Stampede, we use the SASS system.

Dutch

Is CAS scoring a free download?

We tried to download Aces for Android but cant find it on their app store anymore.

I am donating the Tablets and good cases for our club to run whatever program we can get.

We only have 20 to 30ish a month so an expensive all singing and dancing program isnt worth it for us.

3 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

We tried to download Aces for Android but cant find it on their app store anymore.

I am donating the Tablets and good cases for our club to run whatever program we can get.

We only have 20 to 30ish a month so an expensive all singing and dancing program isnt worth it for us.

CAS is free and we use it on our iPads. I know nothing of the Android version. 

We used to use Aces, but it’s no longer available or supported. It also won’t run on the newer iOS operating systems. 

Practiscore, on iPads and Kindle Fires.  Unless they’ve updated recently, you just have to be careful about how you set up the SDQ.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, Major Crimes said:

CAS is a great program -

Well we have all Android Tablets so CAS is out. I tried to look into Practiscore but couldn't find a Cowboy Action Shooting template. I'll look further. 

sb

Download the Practiscore app. When you go to set up a match Select change in the upper right corner. Select add. Select SASS Cowboy Action.

Set up the parameters for your match.

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Download the Practiscore app. When you go to set up a match Select change in the upper right corner. Select add. Select SASS Cowboy Action.

Set up the parameters for your match.

Yeah, sure... just go to their web page, look until you can't see any longer for a link to a Download, and then just do it. It sure is simple. Guess I'll stick with what I have. Tnx

sb

13 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Yeah, sure... just go to their web page, look until you can't see any longer for a link to a Download, and then just do it. It sure is simple. Guess I'll stick with what I have. Tnx

sb

If you're on an Android you need to go to the Google Play Store and search Practiscore.

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

sb

You have to go to your app store and download the app from there.

There are a couple of scoring issues that you need to be aware of if you use Practiscore.

1. As far as I can tell, max stage time is not set at the stage level as it should be according to SASS rules. While SDQ time is assigned at the stage level, it is not used for calculating max stage time.  

2. the DNF score is listed as NULL in the results where it should be scored the same as the SDQ time, according to SASS rule.

These issues can be hacked and corrected, either at the posse level or at the end prior to releasing the scores. It is just your folks in charge of scoring need to be aware of these issues.

7 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

There are a couple of scoring issues that you need to be aware of if you use Practiscore.

1. As far as I can tell, max stage time is not set at the stage level as it should be according to SASS rules. While SDQ time is assigned at the stage level, it is not used for calculating max stage time.  

2. the DNF score is listed as NULL in the results where it should be scored the same as the SDQ time, according to SASS rule.

These issues can be hacked and corrected, either at the posse level or at the end prior to releasing the scores. It is just your folks in charge of scoring need to be aware of these issues.

We always set the max stage time at the default 250.00 and check the box for its use. Now you can enter a max stage time in each stage setup.

For the folks using Practiscore, do you have instruction on how to use it for SASS?

I'm not seeing anything that would be a cowboy template for the stage.  If someone had a little instructional that would be nice.

Thanks

When the program first comes up you will see the current match listed in the upper right corner. Move across the screen and click CHANGE. You will now see ADD and IMPORT on the upper right. Click on ADD. Scroll down till you find SASS.COWBOY ACTION (2020). Click on that selection.

You will now be in the Match setup for a NEW Cowboy Action Match.

When you are done filling in the Match they way you wish. Make sure to click on SAVE.

Stage setup is done after you select this new match and is under BUILD STAGES

58 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

When the program first comes up you will see the current match listed in the upper right corner. Move across the screen and click CHANGE. You will now see ADD and IMPORT on the upper right. Click on ADD. Scroll down till you find SASS.COWBOY ACTION (2020). Click on that selection.

You will now be in the Match setup for a NEW Cowboy Action Match.

When you are done filling in the Match they way you wish. Make sure to click on SAVE.

Stage setup is done after you select this new match and is under BUILD STAGES

Thank You!  I found it on the tablet after I logged in. 

14 hours ago, High Cotton said:

For the folks using Practiscore, do you have instruction on how to use it for SASS?

I'm not seeing anything that would be a cowboy template for the stage.  If someone had a little instructional that would be nice.

Thanks

They have a forum that is very helpful.

https://community.practiscore.com/

https://community.practiscore.com/c/tutorials-learn-how-to-do-stuff/19

I setup all our matches online at https://www.practiscore.com/   Online signup is opened a week before the match and closes at 4pm the day before the match then I  download the stages and shooters to the tablets the night before the shoot.   Anyone can sign up the morning of the match if they are unable to online.   As with anything new, it took a little time to learn the system but once we did it runs very smooth.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:17 AM, Cholla Bob said:

They have a forum that is very helpful.

https://community.practiscore.com/

https://community.practiscore.com/c/tutorials-learn-how-to-do-stuff/19

I setup all our matches online at https://www.practiscore.com/   Online signup is opened a week before the match and closes at 4pm the day before the match then I  download the stages and shooters to the tablets the night before the shoot.   Anyone can sign up the morning of the match if they are unable to online.   As with anything new, it took a little time to learn the system but once we did it runs very smooth.

Cholla Bob,  Thanks for all the advise.  I'm starting to get a grasp of how the application works.  One more question thought.  What reports are you running and how.  What's your process?  I think I have everything else except printing Overall, by Category, by Stage.

Overall prints portrait and I can't seem to change it.  It also has Class on it which is useless to me.

The stage and Category reports both only print one stage or category,  Is there a way to combine them?

This might not be the proper place to ask these questions but I hoping you might have the answers.

Thanks
High Cotton

The simple way is to email the scores to yourself and then you can print out to your hearts content.

• Practiscore allows you to set up an account with them and then the scores can be downloaded or outputted to various devices/programs from there.

3 hours ago, High Cotton said:

What reports are you running and how.  What's your process?  

We run the the Clean report, Overall for Top Guns and by Category from the tablets at the range for our awards ceremony. 

I think I have everything else except printing Overall, by Category, by Stage.

Overall prints portrait and I can't seem to change it.

We no longer email the scores, we do post a link to them on Practiscore.  I usually have the scores posted within 2 hours after the match. As far as viewing if you want to see the old style just select it at the bottom.  You can send them to yourself but to me that is a lot of work for a little bit of sugar.

It also has Class on it which is useless to me. 

Class can be removed( I did it from ours)Go into the "Edit your registration form" and uncheck enabled on "class"

The stage and Category reports both only print one stage or category,  Is there a way to combine them?

Don't know never tried it.

Screenshot 2020-12-25 222620.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-25 223812.jpg

Archived