SASS Wire Forum

SKB 280 •••(SPF)•••

Boolit Boomer

I have learned ya gotta be fast on the trigger on this forum! Good purchase there Mr. Barleycorn!

1 hour ago, Ozark Okie said:

Really too bad that the newer shooters (108xxx. 109xxx) missed out. 

Newer shooters are not missing out Pard. I’ve been outfitting them for over 10 years. Sounds like sour grapes to me. 

38 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Newer shooters are not missing out Pard. I’ve been outfitting them for over 10 years. Sounds like sour grapes to me. 

I depends how you interpret "sour grapes".  If you are cool with snapping up every good deal on the forum to flip for a profit, okay then.

2 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

I depends how you interpret "sour grapes".  If you are cool with snapping up every good deal on the forum to flip for a profit, okay then.

Everyone has a equal chance to buy. That profit lets me enjoy this game, take my family on trips all over the US, sponsor young shooters, and events, pay for kids college, all while putting quality guns in the hands of shooters. 

14 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Everyone has a equal chance to buy. That profit lets me enjoy this game, take my family on trips all over the US, sponsor young shooters, and events, pay for kids college, all while putting quality guns in the hands of shooters. 

That may be so.  On the flip side, it denies others the opportunity to pick up gear they may need at affordable prices.  To each his own.  I've said my piece.

2 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

That may be so.  On the flip side, it denies others the opportunity to pick up gear they may need at affordable prices.  To each his own.  I've said my piece.

Ahh you miss the point. No one is denied opportunity on this forum. Every member has an EQUAL opportunity to buy. 

Most folks don't have the luxury of being tied to their phone waiting for the next bargain to pop up- unless they are making a business out of it.

5 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Most folks don't have the luxury of being tied to their phone waiting for the next bargain to pop up- unless they are making a business out of it.

That’s their problem, not yours or mine. But you sure get butt hurt about it. 

Actually, it affects everybody on the forum looking to buy gear.  Who exactly is "butt hurt"?  I'm not the one  losing my cool.

1 minute ago, Oregonian said:

Actually, it affects everybody on the forum looking to buy gear.  Who exactly is "butt hurt"?  I'm not the one  losing my cool.

Your butt hurt big time because you feel you lost out on a fine SKB, and your jealous that I’ll flip it for a nice profit. What you call luxury, I call work, and perseverance. 

Clearly I touched a nerve.  Jealousy isn't my thing-  I don't need to flip gear to make a buck.  Enjoy your profit, anything for a buck.

I certainly understand where @Oregonian is coming from; most forums I belong to for other hobbies have pretty strict rules for merchant accounts and don't allow dual personal and merchant accounts for an individual. Now...if there isn't any rule against it, then it can and will happen and such is life. If a majority of members don't like it, then there should be some discussion about rule changes in the proper discussion forum. 

We ran thru this same scenario a couple of weeks ago. It is like a dog chasing it's tail , gets nowhere , and is soon tiresome.

I have been on both sides of this situation several times , either first in line , or a minute late.

Suck it up and move on , life never promised any breaks.

Rex :D

18 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Any chance of sponsoring old slow shooters?

Say hello to the wife for me.

Frontier Lone Rider

19 minutes ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

Any chance of sponsoring old slow shooters?

Say hello to the wife for me.

Frontier Lone Rider

You’ll get to meet Camden soon, he’s 15 and has decided to give CAS a try. We’ll be bringing him to some shoots this coming season.

19 hours ago, Oregonian said:

Clearly I touched a nerve.  Jealousy isn't my thing-  I don't need to flip gear to make a buck.  Enjoy your profit, anything for a buck.

I have bought quite a few guns off of John Barleycorn at a very fair price. He always charged a very low price for transfer. So what is the problem of him practicing free enterprise?

Archived