SASS Wire Forum

Academy Sports Ammo

Del Rio Pete

Today at Academy they had some “unusual”ammo... at least for these times. 

American Eagle 50 BMG 660 gr fmj 3940 fps $39.99

Hornady 500 S&W Mag 300 gr FTX $69.98

Hornady Black 5.45x39 $14.99

Remington 35 Remington 200 gr Corr Lokt SP $34.98

Hornady 22-250 Rem 50 gr V-Max $26.99 

Hornady 6mm Rem. 95 gr SST $34.99

Hornady 300 PRC 212 gr ELD-X $46.99

Limit 3 boxes total per day. 

The boxes were on a cart behind the counter and too far away to see the quantity. 
I think most were 20 ct. 

The 50 BMG were in a big box, but the rounds are huge... probably 10 rounds?

Some of that is priced a little high, some a lot high and some ridiculously high.

But it's there!

:D

Last week the Academy near me briefly had 45-70 Hornady for $34.00 box. Apparently the buyer thought the price was only a little high. ;)

14 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Some of that is priced a little high, some a lot high and some ridiculously high

Without knowing the size of the box, how do you know that's expensive?

That $40 50 BMG. If it's a box of 20 it's a smoking deal. If it's a box of 10 it's about normal. If it's a box of five it's ridiculously high. And if it's for one round it's a rip off

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Without knowing the size of the box, how do you know that's expensive?

That $40 50 BMG. If it's a box of 20 it's a smoking deal. If it's a box of 10 it's about normal. If it's a box of five it's ridiculously high. And if it's for one round it's a rip off

But is it free shipping for that one round?

I have no firearms in those calibers. 

I see ammunition, in less than popular calibers, on the shelves...some with simply obscene prices.  

I saw a box of .257 Roberts, last week. 

Boy oh boy.

I'll just wait, and hope, for better times. Perhaps I will live that long. 

W.K.  

I just got back from Academy Sports In Evansville a little bit ago. No ammo except a few shotgun shells and almost no guns. Case was mostly empty and the wall rack had some high end over and under shotguns. No bullets for reloading. Only thing I found was one bag of new brass by Hornady in 38spl. $65.00 for 200 pieces of brass. I passed on it as I thought that was a bit high since Starline is $85 for 500 if they ever get it back in stock.

The local gun shop I had stopped at first had bullets, no new brass but plenty of once fired brass and large Winchester pistol primers for $52.00/1000. They did not have any small pistol primers. I guess that is about going rate for primers right now but did not check any other stores. The prices for primers on Gunbroker are insane.

My SIL uses 7.65x53 for his Mauser. I saw a baggy of milsup rounds at a local gun shop. There were 14 rounds and some had corrosion on them. I grabbed them up because the price tag said $4.50. My joy turned to frustration when I read the rest of the tag. It was $4.50 per round! I just bought dies and a Lyman mold for just a little higher than the price of the baggy of ammo.

Archived