SASS Wire Forum

How Many Of You Will Get The Covid Shot?

With the new Covid 19 immunity shot on the horizon, who will get it and who will refuse it?

I plan on getting it as soon as I can.

I will. Figure if I refuse will be put at the bottom of the list and years till my name comes up again.

I will.

I will wait. 

I was told that 15% of the people that got the shots ( two at 28 days apart) got sick or had side effects. 
Before we went away from the live virus flu vaccines I got the flu every time I got a flu shot. I have not since the vaccine was changed. 
I will wait to see what the success rates are and will continue doing what I have been doing thus far. 

My current inclination is to resist this hoax/power grab as long as possible.  So, it will be "NO" until proven harmless, effective and free of mind control additives.

I know.  Shouldn't doubt our government so much.  After all, its not like these same folks would steal an election then use their propaganda machinery to hush the whole thing up.

I'm on the fence.  Because I've been on Hydroxichloroquine for a few years now, I'm supposedly immune to the virus.  Since I do have a compromised immune system, I'm concerned about reactions to the vaccine.  I think I'll wait and see how things shake out before I do.

6 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

My current inclination is to resist this hoax/power grab as long as possible.  So, it will be "NO" until proven harmless, effective and free of mind control additives.

I know.  Shouldn't doubt our government so much.  After all, its not like these same folks would steal an election then use their propaganda machinery to hush the whole thing up.

Please tell my neighbor and friend who is in a coma and on a ventilator that it’s just a government hoax. BTW he probably isn’t going to make it

Absolutely, life is short and living in a closet makes it shorter, less interesting and generally less humorous.  

My employer informed me I will be offered the vaccination in early February.  Like a Black Friday shopper I hope to be near the front of the line.  I'm retiring early next year and want to travel to matches without concern about the Wuhan virus.

32 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will wait. 

I was told that 15% of the people that got the shots ( two at 28 days apart) got sick or had side effects. 
Before we went away from the live virus flu vaccines I got the flu every time I got a flu shot. I have not since the vaccine was changed. 
I will wait to see what the success rates are and will continue doing what I have been doing thus far. 

From what I've read this vaccine is not a live virus vaccine.

I’m not sure. My doctor says that since I already had it that I didn’t need a vaccine, the ER doctor that diagnosed it told me the same thing. 

You’ve all seen “I am Legend” right?  From someone around 40, no one I know is taking it.  Those that hate Trump believe he rushed it and not safe, those on the other side would prefer their chances with possibly catching it vs the unknowns of a rushed vaccine.

if my employer required it I would fight tooth and nail to not have it.

53 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

Best friend's daughter is an ICU RN at a large hospital.  At the beginning of the pandemic her unit became the Covid ward; in the ensuing months she's watched a lot of people die.

She doesn't have much patience for folks who tout the "hoax" line.  -_-

I am 78 and have Type II diabetes, and possibly other things that compromise my immune system.  The question is NOT "will I take it", the question is when can I get it?  My wife is "over 39" (when we were married, she was just 3 years younger than me :P ), and will take it.  The problem is that health care workers will/should get it first, followed by those in nursing homes, but the debate is whether prison inmates should be next.  My wife and I need to travel for (hopefully) non-urgent healthcare reasons, and would like to be vaccinated before having to go through airports/airplanes and even the facilities where we need to go for our checkups.

Will we take the vaccine? HELL YES!

Meantime, stay well and safe, Pards!

I expect I will, but want to see what's available and learn more specifics. From what I've heard Moderna's sounds best, but it's hearsay. The one from Pfizer will have to be stored at -94 F so the logistics are gonna stink. Don't know if it's the same with others. Will let everyone know when more info is available. Here's a website folks may find helpful. The CDC has changed their story so many times I don't trust them much, but I guess it's as good info as any.

Sus amigo,

JHC

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html

Oh My Lord.  Hoax,  Power Grab,  Mind Control Drugs, Stealing Elections???  Ignorance must be absolute BLISS.

When released, I want to be as close to the from of the line as I can get.  You Betcha Red Ryder.

Friday, I went for my 8 year physical at the insistence of my wife.  Yes, I have been putting it off.  They gave me a flu shot, tetanus shot and a pneumonia shot.  Then they sucked all my blood out and ran tests on it.  I don't' know which one it was, but one of those shots hurts like hell.  My arm is still sore.  If getting a Covid shot is going to let me and the wife get back to normal, I'm all for it.    

Just now, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Friday, I went for my 8 year physical at the insistence of my wife.  Yes, I have been putting it off.  They gave me a flu shot, tetanus shot and a pneumonia shot.  Then they sucked all my blood out and ran tests on it.  I don't' know which one it was, but one of those shots hurts like hell.  My arm is still sore.  If getting a Covid shot is going to let me and the wife get back to normal, I'm all for it.    

My tetanus shot hurt for a week. 

9 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

8 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Shoulda done calisthenics afterwards and you wouldn’t have been sore the next day. It worked in the Navy and still works today. ;)

14 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

That tetanus shot is probably the one.  As much time as I spend dragging rusty steel targets around and working in the shop, a tetanus shot is probably a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Shoulda done calisthenics afterwards and you wouldn’t have been sore the next day. It worked in the Navy and still works today. ;)

The USMC taught me all about calisthenics and I figure I've already done my share of them.

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I'll take a pass. 

No.

I am 58, and the last physical I had the Doc told my lab tests were better than most of his 30 year patients and other than I weigh to much, I am in good shape ( round is an acceptable shape). I have lost about 40 lbs since March and my goal is to lose 100 lbs more to get down to 175 lbs. I don't take any prescription meds on a daily basis and the only thing I use is a spray for my sinus and Sinutabs when I get stopped up from allergies. I have never taken a Flu shot and the last one my sister took put her in the Mayo clinic and almost killed her.

After a couple million or so take the vaccine, I may consider it but right now my feeling is the cure may be worst that the disease and I don't fell like being a Guinea pig. I will keep doing what I normally do to stay healthy and good luck to all that take it and I hope you all stay healthy.

Probably be required by work if I want to keep working. As per the political aspects, the viruses lethality is now on par with a bad flu - down by 75% or more as diagnosis and treatment have progressed (amongst many others see John Hopkins for decreased rates). Yes, the virus is a serious problem and yes people should take care of themselves as much as possible. Many people are still dying because it has now spread completely to the general population throughout the country. Estimates have been that for every one diagnosis there are 10 undiagnosed cases. That would mean 150 million cases nationwide or 45% of the population at this point.

The virus is real but so too is the government over-reach. We won't actually know how many people died from not with the virus until we get the death statistics for this year and compare it to past years.  

Will I take a vaccine that is projected to be 95% effective against a virus with a known 99.6% recovery rate?  No.

Archived